• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The logic of relative seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems like good business sense. But you are covering up the point, again.

Over the years I flown with a half dozen AT guys. Both Captains and FO's. None on the bottom of the list.

Just thought I would give you something else to spin while you are on leave.

Send it over to your MC, mastermind. I'm sure the arbitrators will be impressed.

Pay rates change from Contract to Contract. Seniority does not. Right now SWA rates are the top. A few years from now, who knows?

Seniority does change....YOU WILL BE ON THE BOTTOM...enjoy it

You really don't have anything intelligent to say, do you? Is this supposed to be proof of SWA's "superior" pilot hiring? Or the tremendous culture we should eagerly sacrifice our seniority for? :rolleyes:

I think that SWAPA must have put out the word not to expect a staple and to expect something more reasonable for both sides. That may explain the temper tantrums and frantic demands for a staple or nothing by some junior SWA F/O's. Of course seeing how well the threats of "take a staple or lose your job" would play on Airtran's behalf at any arbitration, maybe the posters are really Airtran guys in disguise.

At the very least, Bond McCaskill is in play here, right?

CAL/UAL has an agreement that (at least for the time it is in effect) provides for ALPA merger policy even if we leave ALPA.

I think that SWAPA must have put out the word not to expect a staple and to expect something more reasonable for both sides. That may explain the temper tantrums and frantic demands for a staple or nothing by some junior SWA F/O's. Of course seeing how well the threats of "take a staple or lose your job" would play on Airtran's behalf at any arbitration, maybe the posters are really Airtran guys in disguise.

SWAPA controls the merger, the 9th even ruled that USAPA doesn't have to present the arbitrated seniority list between the two groups and that is exactly what USAPA is doing. There is no such thing as final and binding in arbitration and a relevant case is unfolding as we speak to support that exact premise. Don't want to mention the forbidden merger here, even though it is 100% relavant!!!

You're allowed, St. Nic.

This isn't a SWA/AAI thread, this is a "The Logic of Relative Seniority" thread whereby many different airlines' integrations have been mentioned on both sides of the argument.

The only restriction on the UAir/AWA thread posts is when they hijack SOMEONE ELSE'S thread, i.e. "AAI Pilots Beware!" or one of the other SWA topics out there.

/mod

Send it over to your MC, mastermind. I'm sure the arbitrators will be impressed.

Pay rates change from Contract to Contract. Seniority does not. Right now SWA rates are the top. A few years from now, who knows?

SWA has ALWAYS paid more in pay and benefits than AAI.

Gup

I hear we have a few hundred apps from your last few hundred newhires, too. Seems they were hedging their bets as well. :rolleyes:
I hear you also have a few hundred pilots who interviewed, unsuccessfully, at SWA. I guess they were all happy to go to the bottom of our list. It sure seems strange why so many guys tried to leave AAI for SWA when they are such 'equals'!

Don't worry though trannies, I'm sure that's just another thing the arbitrators won't consider.

Btw, exactly what were they 'hedging their bets' against Ty? A furlough? Oh no, that was your airline. I know, I know...that was just mgmt fear tactics so the arbitrator can't consider that either.

Last edited:
Your position is DOOMED.

So is his career.
The chq east pilots position was doomed all along. It's amazing that even someone with little intelligence such as st. nic can't see it. Of course 25 years in the right seat will do that to him.
The chq east pilots were days away from becoming Walmart greeters for the rest of their careers, which in the end, would have been a bump in pay.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back