• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The logic of relative seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not complaining to anyone. He asked a question, and I answered it.

FWIW, It's not our fault either, yet out of all the groups involved, SW pilots are the only ones with much to lose........

You lose Nothing!

But, You want the AT guys to lose their present jobs and
seniority.

You lose Nothing!

But, You want the AT guys to lose their present jobs and
seniority.

No, I'd LOVE to see the AT guys keep their present jobs and seniority!

Before 9/27, the AT guys wanted to get bought and stapled because it was far better than they had. Post 9/27, they want OUR jobs and seniority.....

Which means we lose if they get it.....

No, I'd LOVE to see the AT guys keep their present jobs and seniority!

Before 9/27, the AT guys wanted to get bought and stapled because it was far better than they had.

A few very junior FO's were frustrated by Contract Negotiations one night and posted "please buy us". If you want to cling to that as a negotiating point, feel free, but it isn't really relevant.

Well, I think you guys collectively, AT and SWA, have one thing going for you. That is it appears that you aren't going to shrink. That should be a huge help.

At AWA/AAA the whole damn thing has just been a fist fight over a shrinking pie with disparate lists. There couldn't have been a more perfect storm.

Ok, I will bite on this one.......As an AirTran guy - if we go relative seniority I will lose out. Put yourself in my shoes. AirTran stays AirTran I upgrade to CPT in 2 years under the existing aircraft order structure. With relative seniority and a merge into SWA upgrade is a probably a decade off. As a AirTran CPT I would make more under the new AirTran CBA then as a SWA FO.

Using logic I think the only fair way is a relative seniority integration. We do bring a lot to the table and so do you! I hope we become a power house and we grow like weeds with upgrades all around.

Aircraft orders are not aircraft on property. SWA had aggressive aircraft orders three years ago then things changed as things can and will change at airtran. Aircraft orders can and often are delayed and cancelled as quickly as they are made.

Your CEO has publicly said airtran does not have the financial position to continue this aggressive growth plan and needs SWA's financial position to continue on this growth path. A 2 year upgrade today at airtran can easily and quickly change to a 7 - 10 year upgrade in the blink of an eye. So as far as I and anyone who has been in this industry for any length of time (22 years for me) that argument does not hold water. Ask any usair east or TWA pilot about career expectations.

A few very junior FO's were frustrated by Contract Negotiations one night and posted "please buy us". If you want to cling to that as a negotiating point, feel free, but it isn't really relevant.

Nearly 1/3 of your list has or had active applications on file at SWA.

I hear we have a few hundred apps from your last few hundred newhires, too. Seems they were hedging their bets as well. :rolleyes:

Seems like good business sense. But you are covering up the point, again.

Over the years I flown with a half dozen AT guys. Both Captains and FO's. None on the bottom of the list.

Just thought I would give you something else to spin while you are on leave.

Seems like good business sense. But you are covering up the point, again.

Over the years I flown with a half dozen AT guys. Both Captains and FO's. None on the bottom of the list.

Just thought I would give you something else to spin while you are on leave.

What kind of leave is it? OJI ?

Latest resources

Back