The logic of relative seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of dog's......

DOG FOR SALE : A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: 'Talking Dog For Sale ' He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard. The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador Retriever sitting there. 'You talk?' he asks. 'Yep,' the Lab replies.

After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says 'So, what's your story?' The Lab looks up and says, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.'

'I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running. But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down.' 'I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.' 'I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired.'

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog. 'Ten dollars,' the guy says. 'Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?'

'Because he's a liar. He never did any of that sh**.'

Last edited:
dude you are setting yourself up for 1 huge fall
Cactus boy, you are way off on your recollection of events. The east approached you guys about compromising on the biased arbitration decision and your side said no. NOw you have to live with USAPA and the DOH without any conditions and restrictions. You did this to yourself, blame your ALPA reps. The east pilots will move forward with DOH weather you like it or not, the blame rests with you! Look around, relative seniority doesn't work!
Dude, you are setting yourself up for one huge fall. Keep the CIRP number handy. when reality comes crashing down on you you'll need it.

I stand by my date of hire- there is no alternative!

And then you blame others for failing to be flexible in their positions. How unexpected.:rolleyes:

I stand by my date of hire- there is no alternative!

Then you are out-standing in a field with only 3000 of your closest AA friends. I stand by following a process and complying with an agreement that both parties said they would honor. I stand by keeping my word. I stand by not letting a larger group bully a smaller group with an endless web-cast of "date of hire".

Don't believe me? Standing with me is a respected Mediator/Arbitrator, two pilot neutrals, a federal district court judge, a impartial jury (less than 90 minutes to find USAPA guilty of a DFR), 1 appellate judge (primarily) & 2 appellate judges (not ripe YET, but most assuredly so with a contract that contains something other than the Nic). Not to mention 1800 AWA pilots and countless pilots from other carriers.

St. Nic, the SWA & AirTran pilots have a process of their own. They really don't want to hear how you plan on dodging a final & binding seniority award is a "Gold Standard". Heck they probably don't want to hear any AWA pilot attempt to logically argue the salient points of our little problem.

Anyone know if there is a SWA/AAI process agreement yet? These AWA/US guys are makin me nervous.

What do the SWA Pilots want?

For the entire AT acquisition to go away. As I've said before, it's nothing personal, but this acquisition is the worst news, by far, that I've heard in my 15 years at SW and IMHO (I sincerely hope that I'm wrong) will prove to be a fatal mistake to our once great airline.

While it's far from scientifically accurate data, I have not talked to any SWA guys that want this acquisition to happen at all. The one exception is a junior FO who lives in ATL and wants to drive to work.

SW pilots, as a group, have little to gain and a lot to lose in this acquisition. Vice versa for the AT guys. Forgive me if I am not ecstatic about the deal.

So complain to your employer. Whatever career stagnation you may suffer isn't the AT pilots' fault.

I'm not complaining to anyone. He asked a question, and I answered it.

FWIW, It's not our fault either, yet out of all the groups involved, SW pilots are the only ones with much to lose........

Latest resources

Back