• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The logic of relative seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Weather? WTF, did you learn to spell at the same place you learned about integrity? And since you refer to your saviors as MesaWest even though they have a much better contract than you, I shall refer to you as MesaLeast from now on.

You can keep your MesaWest maturity to yourselve, thank you. This is a discussion about the merits of DOH so keep on topic.

How about you just understand that all Southwest pilots want is date of hire seniority with conditions and restrictions. Allow all the Southwest fo's upgrade before any AAI fo can upgrade in to a Southwest base. The same holds true for Atlanta, that's the beauty of conditions and restrictions- to protect both sides while preserving date of hire for all. There would be no need for any of this discussion.

While I truly appreciate the perspective of someone completely uninvloved in our SLI summarizing the wishes of SWA pilots, I would have to say you're a bit off! If you gathered that SWA pilots want what you described above, then you are absolutely high!

Merry Christmas to all!!

Well, even if you staple the AT guys I personally don't think that is doing them a disservice Lonestar. That's not politically correct around here, but SWAPA does have the keys to mandate a seniority integration into ther bylaws. SWAPA has the keys to manage the integration however best it works out for them and the company as a whole. That's democracy/ the needs of the many outweigh the few

See... there IS common ground!!

While I truly appreciate the perspective of someone completely uninvloved in our SLI summarizing the wishes of SWA pilots, I would have to say you're a bit off! If you gathered that SWA pilots want what you described above, then you are absolutely high!

Merry Christmas to all!!

I am so glad to see you address his RIDICULOUS idea.

I am glad that you address that his suggestion is completely "off" for summarizing the perspectives of the Pilots actually involved in this acquisition of a company.... however a "merger" of Pilot group seniority lists.

Good to see that you speak out against his "high" ideas, and are coming around to the logical....

By the way.... since YOU brought it up in your post quoted above, and your entire profile on Flightinfo, and every post that you make is dedicated to "bludgeoning" this seniority list merger with your bitter resentment, and you are claiming in your post to "know" what the SWA pilot group wants.... please do tell.

What do the SWA Pilots want?

Oh... and a "sincere" Merry Christmas to you as well....

Last edited:
Thought you didn't want anyone disrespecting the mc's request to not talk about it angus--- vehemently even??

Or are you just an instigator?

How do you say you're not angry and emotional?
You're nothing but

But since you asked - in all this talk of DOH and relative seniority- it's important to note that bc of our little hiring spurt in '08- when tran had pilots out on furlough- the lists are interesting for lack of a better word- either of those scenarios will place CJ at the bottom of the combined list-- and the biggest tone I get from pilots on the line and across the country is any scenario that doesn't put a few hundred AT Pilots below CJ just won't get far politically-
No matter what you thought of it- that's what drove the staple talk during the frontier mess- it wasn't about Frontier(!) it was about our own internal politics- there is a sense from many that after age 65, the last contract decreased returns on profit sharing and much longer than historical upgrades that the junior have not been looked out for(not my feeling- but I hear it from captains)-- the idea that CJ would be an original SWA pilot and have all, or even almost all AT pilots above him wouldn't get 10% of the Swapa vote imHo-

Neither DOH or rel seniority address that...

Thought you didn't want anyone disrespecting the mc's request to not talk about it angus--- vehemently even??

Or are you just an instigator?

How do you say you're not angry and emotional?
You're nothing but

Just because YOU are unable to recognize the sarcasm in every word of every line in MY post (in response to Lonestar).... doesn't make anything you think or type in YOUR post above, apply to me.

In fact NOTHING in your post towards me is applicable...

But since you asked - in all this talk of DOH and relative seniority- it's important to note that bc of our little hiring spurt in '08- when tran had pilots out on furlough- the lists are interesting for lack of a better word- either of those scenarios will place CJ at the bottom of the combined list-- and the biggest tone I get from pilots on the line and across the country is any scenario that doesn't put a few hundred AT Pilots below CJ just won't get far politically-
No matter what you thought of it- that's what drove the staple talk during the frontier mess- it wasn't about Frontier(!) it was about our own internal politics- there is a sense from many that after age 65, the last contract decreased returns on profit sharing and much longer than historical upgrades that the junior have not been looked out for(not my feeling- but I hear it from captains)-- the idea that CJ would be an original SWA pilot and have all, or even almost all AT pilots above him wouldn't get 10% of the Swapa vote imHo-

Neither DOH or rel seniority address that...

I didn't "ask" you anything.... yet off to races you go. SLI... talk talk talk.

I didn't "ask" Lonestar anything of substance, except in a sarcastic, cynical, rhetorical, non-interested fashion.

Again... the fact you are unable to comprehend my point in my post to Lonestar... doesn't suddenly make me responsible for whatever attribute you suddenly place on me.

I don't care about anyones SLI beliefs and have said such, and respected such.

Try to slow down, keep an open mind, re-read my posts, and please don't bother placing YOUR thought process into my typed words.... because you are NOT even close.

Latest resources

Back