• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The logic of relative seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cactus boy, you are way off on your recollection of events. The east approached you guys about compromising on the biased arbitration decision and your side said no. NOw you have to live with USAPA and the DOH without any conditions and restrictions. You did this to yourself, blame your ALPA reps. The east pilots will move forward with DOH weather you like it or not, the blame rests with you! Look around, relative seniority doesn't work!

Sorry kiddo, your facts are off as are your recollections. I am supremely disappointed in the events that the east pilots have take through (RICO, DFR lawsuit, etc.). I find it a shame that after 5 years of this nonsense, there are still people that refuse to believe what happened in the acquisition, negotiations, mediation, arbitration, and federal district court. I was raised better than that, and I know that a lion's share of you were also.

I hope and pray that we all enjoy a very Merry Christmas, and set this board aside tomorrow and enjoy your family and friends. Tomorrow is the celebration of the birth of God's son, and what he means to those that believe in him. Luke 2:8-20

Sorry kiddo, your facts are off as are your recollections. I am supremely disappointed in the events that the east pilots have take through (RICO, DFR lawsuit, etc.). I find it a shame that after 5 years of this nonsense, there are still people that refuse to believe what happened in the acquisition, negotiations, mediation, arbitration, and federal district court. I was raised better than that, and I know that a lion's share of you were also.

I hope and pray that we all enjoy a very Merry Christmas, and set this board aside tomorrow and enjoy your family and friends. Tomorrow is the celebration of the birth of God's son, and what he means to those that believe in him. Luke 2:8-20
Dude-put him on ignore and he'll go away.

Cactus boy, you are way off on your recollection of events. The east approached you guys about compromising on the biased arbitration decision and your side said no. NOw you have to live with USAPA and the DOH without any conditions and restrictions. You did this to yourself, blame your ALPA reps. The east pilots will move forward with DOH weather you like it or not, the blame rests with you! Look around, relative seniority doesn't work!
You're moving forward with DOH 'weather' we like it or not? Uh huh. I thought I was a dumb********************, you make me feel better about myself. Thank you for that.

I think this is where the mods kick these 2 to the curb for a month...?

I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but it's just not gonna work that way. All you AAI guys that think "the law requires relative seniority" are going to be sorely disappointed.
I'm not an AAI guy, I just know what's right.
You aren't special. You're just a number on a piece of paper. Get over yourself.

Can't be happy with what you've got,. Instead you obsess over what you've convinced yourself you're owed even though you've done nothing to earn it.

Last edited:
I think this is where the mods kick these 2 to the curb for a month...?

Ok genius, you cam talk about the southwest merger on five different threads, even a generic thread like relative seniority. But the second someone brings up relative seniority with DAL and USAir there is a violation of the terms of the board. Got it Ace! Thanks for the Southwest update

Ok genius, you cam talk about the southwest merger on five different threads, even a generic thread like relative seniority. But the second someone brings up relative seniority with DAL and USAir there is a violation of the terms of the board. Got it Ace! Thanks for the Southwest update

Merry Christmas a$$wipe.

I'm not an AAI guy, I just know what's right.
You aren't special. You're just a number on a piece of paper. Get over yourself.

Can't be happy with what you've got,. Instead you obsess over what you've convinced yourself you're owed even though you've done nothing to earn it.

How about you just understand that all Southwest pilots want is date of hire seniority with conditions and restrictions. Allow all the Southwest fo's upgrade before any AAI fo can upgrade in to a Southwest base. The same holds true for Atlanta, that's the beauty of conditions and restrictions- to protect both sides while preserving date of hire for all. There would be no need for any of this discussion.
YOu seem to misread what a lot of people are saying from the Southwest side. I along with many others understand their point (like all the USAir pilots). Date of hire doesn't open the pandoras box that this new found "relative seniority" bs does.

Weather? WTF, did you learn to spell at the same place you learned about integrity? And since you refer to your saviors as MesaWest even though they have a much better contract than you, I shall refer to you as MesaLeast from now on.

Latest resources

Back