• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The logic of relative seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am glad the Southwest pilot group recognizes the value and fairness of a Date of Hire integration. The AT and AWA pilots should read and listen.

Oh! Thanks angus!
If an opinion is worthless, (mine included) how much value is an opinion of an opinion?

Ok you angry little Irish leprechaun- just settle down- I'm sorry you don't like my meaningless opinion on the SLI- but if it struck such a nerve than that's a good sign it was pretty well right on-

So you should respect your MC and stop leaving psychological clues about your views of the SLI!

And though I'm not trying to be an ambassador of anything- when you come out of the woodwork to loudly critique the only opinion that I've posted where I didn't qualify it as meaningless- it doesn't hold much water- I've gotten on my own guys for being dumb when these things devolve into a pissing contest-

Have you Angus?

And what I see is a Line Pilot that has decided to ignore the request of his Union Merger Committee, and pretend to have it ALL figured out.

I seriously doubt that ANYTHING said on this playground would have an effect on an SLI... but at least myself and 99.999% of the rest of the AirTran Pilots have decided to throw the Merger Committee a bone and abide by their request.

Why are you such in need of being the center of attention or simply being an internet blowhard... that you can't just STFU?

You aren't the ambassador that you think you are in speaking for YOUR expectations or realizations of what a SLI will look like.... you are simply the loggerhead that people on the Merger Committee have to address.

Last edited:
Bullsheet. In 1994 they hired one is six. In 2002 they hired one in eight.

Since the mid-eighties it has been more difficult to get a job with SWA than any other carrier. The minimum hiring requirements have always been much higher than the other majors. Most hired with majors since the eighties didn't meet the minimum requirements. In my class they averaged the total time at around 4500 hours with 2300 turbine.

Those are the facts.

That was my point man.

I've flown with a whole LOT of 2nd and 3rd interview hires here that were finally hired well before 2000.

Wow, your rumor mill is obviously alive and well (and missing a few FACTS that are part of PUBLIC record).

I'm just here to fly, have a good time, do right by our coworkers and customers, and go home.

Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

Last edited:
Lear, flightinfo is not the place to be reasonable, and now a few wingnuts know who you are, the standard practise is to attack the man not the issue on the internet, or even the playground. I know you are but what am I? My advice, take it or leave it. Disengage, there is nothing to gain except for you having a rocky road made by a few with possible long term negative consequences at SWA.

Lear, flightinfo is not the place to be reasonable, and now a few wingnuts know who you are, the standard practise is to attack the man not the issue on the internet, or even the playground. I know you are but what am I? My advice, take it or leave it. Disengage, there is nothing to gain except for you having a rocky road made by a few with possible long term negative consequences at SWA.
You're right, thanks.

Every time I try to disengage I get sucked back in. Should know better by now.

Merry Christmas to you... even if our Cowboys are out of the playoffs. Think Romo will be back next season? ;)

It's a strange integration- relative seniority wouldn't be fair to our senior captains- not even close- DOH wouldnt be fair to the junior WN fo's

I see DOH with a ratio down from A mid 1990's hire that leaves about 500 AT Fo's below CJ.

IMHO with the contractual and cultural gains- this is pretty fair and livable- litmus test?
There'd be pilots pissed about it- but both sides would vote it in

Something tells me that would garner about 500 no votes on the AAI side. That essentially staples over 25% of the AAI group.

Bullsheet. In 1994 they hired one is six. In 2002 they hired one in eight.

Since the mid-eighties it has been more difficult to get a job with SWA than any other carrier. The minimum hiring requirements have always been much higher than the other majors. Most hired with majors since the eighties didn't meet the minimum requirements. In my class they averaged the total time at around 4500 hours with 2300 turbine.

Those are the facts.

Hate to rain on your parade but the "we are harder to get onto" argument holds ZERO water in an arbiters mind. Hopefully you don't load your arbitration guns with those meritless blanks. You'll end up wasting good presentation time on non-starters when you could try and make a reasonable argument.

Last edited:
I am glad the Southwest pilot group recognizes the value and fairness of a Date of Hire integration. The AT and AWA pilots should read and listen.

Apples to oranges.
AT and SW are both proifitable growing companies.
Us Airways east was days away from you becoming a walmart greeter.(although you'd be paid a lot better):laugh:

Latest resources

Back