"The list"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilotyip,

I am fairly certain the Picket Line at CO came down in the Fall of 85. September if my memory serves me correctly. They claimed for Legal reasons the Strike was not officially over but most everyone I know, including some good friends who were CO strikers marked that as the end of the strike.

You seem to look back and say if you knew how your career was going to turnout, you may have done things differently. Perhaps you would have been better off if you had "crossed the line".

Thankfully I have engaged in that thought process only for the brief moments when I look at the other guy and say "Life ain't fair", "I want mine!" Then I catch myself and realize I was brought up differently.

Thank God.
Certainly my life would have been different. I valued the friendships and respect of my squadron mates which I might have lost. Plus there was still a chance to get on at major then and I did not want to spoil it. I made the right choice for the right reasons. Like other members of my reserve squadron who were also unemployed and offered the same opportunity. BTW. About what the ALPA brothers did to the FE's at EAL back in the 60's. There is a fine example of looking out for fellow crew embers. So look down from your lofty ideals as posted ALPA has a few skeletons in the closet

You bet ALPA has a few skeletons in its closet. My question is though, the CAL strike was at the very beginning of one of the largest hiring booms in major airline history. By 88 and 89, if you had any time and a pulse, someone would hire you. Why did you give up? Or did you stay in Corporate? Obviously from your aircraft flown avatar, aviation is both your vocation and avocation.

Off the subject. My dad flew B17s in WWII. A Professional pilot after the War, I surprised him with a B17 ride on his 90th birthday. Fittingly enough, it was his last flight ever as he passed away 6 months later. Sadly the B17 we flew in bellied in up north and caught fire. He said those guys did a beautiful job on the Restoration. Boy did he love that Bomber.

Off the subject. My dad flew B17s in WWII. A Professional pilot after the War, I surprised him with a B17 ride on his 90th birthday. Fittingly enough, it was his last flight ever as he passed away 6 months later. Sadly the B17 we flew in bellied in up north and caught fire. He said those guys did a beautiful job on the Restoration. Boy did he love that Bomber.
That is one of trills in flying the B-17 and giving rides, I meet these vets and I am just in awe of what stories they tell. Unfortunately we do not see them in the numbers we used to.

And one day that young regional F/O will be a Captain and some SWA pilot is going to get denied a ride for this toolish behavior.

I am sure if he does that he will end up being a very senior captain at his regional airline

I take it ur not a big picture kind of person .

I'm just wondering where Flygirlqt works where their Pilot group and their decisions individually and as a group are as "Pure and Righteous as the Wind Driven Snow"?

If this Airline exists, I think we should all resign immediately and beg to work for them.

Utopia I tell you.....as it must be true since NO pilot who just happens to have attended Law School (Harvard no doubt) would ever steer us wrong......

"If you want to Save Our Republic, you must first SHOOT all the Lawyers."....paraphrasing somewhat and I'm not sure who said it, but I Damn well believe it to be true....

I am sure if he does that he will end up being a very senior captain at his regional airline

I take it ur not a big picture kind of person .

Ignorant assumption but lets go with that thought. I guess no SWA pilots commute on regionals then?

I'm just wondering where Flygirlqt works where their Pilot group and their decisions individually and as a group are as "Pure and Righteous as the Wind Driven Snow"?

If this Airline exists, I think we should all resign immediately and beg to work for them.

Utopia I tell you.....as it must be true since NO pilot who just happens to have attended Law School (Harvard no doubt) would ever steer us wrong......

"If you want to Save Our Republic, you must first SHOOT all the Lawyers."....paraphrasing somewhat and I'm not sure who said it, but I Damn well believe it to be true....

You are a dense one Mr. 6 airline pilot guy. My point is, and it zipped right over your head, your ALPA utopia simply doesn't exist.

I went to Georgetown not Harvard. You're right though we do need to shoot some lawyers. I can't get my rates above $400/HR with all the competition in D.C.

So a Georgetown educated Attorney, who is a connected Mover/Shaker in Washington, DC commanding 400/hr while occasionally as a side Gig Commands a B767 to exotic International destinations, still finds the time to come on a silly forum on a Saturday night and talk gibberish to a low life like me? Really?

Georgetown my Azz.......maybe Stetson in St Petersburg, Florida which qualified you to do Quickie Divorces for menopausal Flight Attendants.......

Are you sure your Dad wasn't an Eastern Pilot with the last name of Cooper...or maybe Bozzy?

By the way....you claimed in an earlier post that you do not now, nor have you ever worked for USAIR. Yet you seem to have a curiously strong interest and opinion in regards to all things USAPA and Judge Silver..

And about that little statement at the bottom of your Posts....something along the lines of .....Honoring Binding Arbitration=Gold Standard

perhaps you could fill us in on the Warts of America West.....start with the America West Pilots who "Volunteered" their services to break the Strike in Australia......I think the Airline was .....ummmm....ANSETT.....bad enough when you Scab in your own Country. But to travel as a group to Foreign Nation to help break their Strike??? Oh the HYPOCRISY!

An otherwise rather boring layover in Lubbock has been brightened considerably by your lack of.....wit. (Actually in Boston, but for the SWA haters Lubbock sounds better)

Last edited:
America West employed a lot of Wein 1977 scabs when they first commenced hiring, Continental scabs were suddenly transformed into "members in good standing with unfortunate dates of hire" (as per ALPO...your dog-food union)...so all in all, while most certainly scabbing is not on my menu, the name calling and "career ending" facets of scabbing are a toothless tiger...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back