the life as a "corporate pilot"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HawkerF/O said:
LS, there you go with that Liberal business again. It's only incoherent because the raw contents of the information is well past any comprehension level which you posess. If there is something you do not understand, which is simply the case here, maybe you should read and listen and maybe learn something instead of knocking it.

now, about that shine box of yours...................

Not too long ago I did a trip along the Canadian Border and the Northern Lights were spectacular. Then, when we got to our destination, I found a shiny quarter when I stepped onto the ramp. Oh lucky day!

Also in the news: Pitchers and catchers report this week.

AA717driver said:
Sled--We get into CRQ every so often. I'll give you a heads up--I'll buy! TC

P.S.--Not shovelling here in the Heartland--it's just bone-chilling COLD!
I'll look forward to it and we'll flip to see who buys.

'Sled

Hey guys, thanks for the info about corporate life as I am a hopeful corporate pilot to be. Currently still hanging around the bottom rung trying to move up from my current flight instruction job and get into something a little more interesting.

Carrying 16 primary students can get a little old... stalls, steep turns, slow flight... repeat... But with nearly 1200 total time I am hoping to move on soon. And from the majority of the comments it seems that most people really love the quality of life that this career line offers. Thanks

Eric

When you hit 1200 hours, why not try to get on with a freight operation flying checks part 135? RamAir? AirNet? etc.?

It provides excellent experience operating in the IFR system. You will learn decision making. You'll learn when to say the word, "No.".

Really outstanding experience that is invaluable to someone with around 1200 hours. After a year or two doing that you'll find yourself to be qualified and confident to pursue whatever direction your career takes you.

Last edited:
I will look into both of those companies, I am hoping that my current boss gets moving on putting me on the insurance for his E90 King Air that he runs part 91 charter with...

Part 91 Charter?

flyingnome said:
I will look into both of those companies, I am hoping that my current boss gets moving on putting me on the insurance for his E90 King Air that he runs part 91 charter with...
I'm hoping that you mis-spoke or mis-typed that. There ain't no such thing as part 91 charter and there's probably no quicker way to run a foul with the Feds than to try to pull it off. I'll second what Bender Gonzales posted.

'Sled

flyingnome said:
Part 91 Charter??? Whoa, RED FLAG!

Hopefully he's got a P135 AOC and you mispoke. Otherwise there's not much quicker way to face certificate action than running an illegal charter:eek: .

501261 said:
Part 91 Charter??? Whoa, RED FLAG!

Hopefully he's got a P135 AOC and you mispoke. Otherwise there's not much quicker way to face certificate action than running an illegal charter:eek: .

my bad the E90 King Air is the 135 Charter ops,
he runs another King Air under Part 91 for a private owner
and as I am still a little low on the XC time by about 150 hours
I could start there before going to the 135 cert.

... jeez you guys are quick to notice the misprint

BenderGonzales said:
When you hit 1200 hours, why not try to get on with a freight operation flying checks part 135? RamAir? AirNet? etc.?

It provides excellent experience operating in the IFR system. You will learn decision making. You'll learn when to say the word, "No.".

Really outstanding experience that is invaluable to someone with around 1200 hours. After a year or two doing that you'll find yourself to be qualified and confident to pursue whatever direction your career takes you.

I agree with my tocayo, not only will IFR build good experience but it's fun...I know I personally loved it when I did it.....good luck

Flybet3 said:
I agree with my tocayo, not only will IFR build good experience but it's fun...I know I personally loved it when I did it.....good luck

I am also lookin into AmeriFlight just so I could stay in Arizona another couple years while my girlfriend finishes up school. Being based out of Phoenix wouldnt be so bad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back