• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The leeches are out....on 3407

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hell, lets sue mother nature for making the ice.

Everything was followed by FAA standards, you can't sue the pilots for being underqualified when the FAA says they are. You can't sue the manufacturer for making a plane that the FAA says is fine.

The legal system in this country should not even allow ridiculous lawsuits like this.

I've got this one figured out. Her family (and probably the attorney as well) lost everything with Madoff and now they are sueing to try to make some of it back.

As far as the a/c design, all I can tell you is a Q200 will load up with ice like a popsicle and still maintain reasonable flying qualities. I doubt the Q400 was significantly under-engineered compared to the 200.

But attorney Ronald Goldman of the firm that filed the lawsuit called the plane's deicing system antiquated. The system includes strips of rubber-like material on the wings and tail that expand to break up ice, then contract and expand again to break up new ice.
"It's a system that cannot guarantee the safety of passengers on a commercial flight," Goldman said by phone Friday. "It should never be flown in these kinds of conditions."

What then, hot wings for all turboprops? Yeah, good luck with that.

I've got this one figured out. Her family (and probably the attorney as well) lost everything with Madoff and now they are sueing to try to make some of it back.

As far as the a/c design, all I can tell you is a Q200 will load up with ice like a popsicle and still maintain reasonable flying qualities. I doubt the Q400 was significantly under-engineered compared to the 200.

What then, hot wings for all turboprops? Yeah, good luck with that.

Yeah hot wings for turboprops. The engines are too small for hotwings...all that would happen in a turboprop is the ice will be heated just enough to run back aft of the protected surface.

This jerk is probably already planning for his next lawsuit...the one with the airplane that the manufacturer should have known that a hot-wing setup would be inadequate.

How about the pilots push the thrust off when on autopilot after leveling off from a decent, sound like that would have helped to prevent this accident. Just saying.

Latest resources

Back