• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The latest on AA and APA contract negotiations, article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAPA had nothing to do with the arbitration clause. That clause was in the Term Sheet, which was negotiated by APA with Parker and Kirby, before USAPA was even aware of the merger. It was an absolute core of the merger proposal from Doug and Scott, and APA had to sign off on the concept of a cost neutral contract backed up by arbitration, or they would not proceed with attempting the merger.

This was all going on in February of 2012, just three months after AA had filed Chapter 11. The actual merger announcement was April of 2012. The Term Sheet, as it was called then, was a done deal. The arbitration clause survived into the MOU and then the subsequent MTA.

USAPA could have been able to alter the course of events had it chosen unity over greed. ER still doesn't understand why this robbed the LUS pilots of the NO vote option for all practical purposes. A unified LUS group was vital to the merger. What USAPA left us with was a punch line.

How's that working out?

I guess we'll see soon you complete jackhole. Yeah, "binding" arbitration doesn't count..... Fingers crossed!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I didn't make the rules and I just follow the law. Those boys ought to stay in PHX til it closes.

Follow the law, huh? Everyone signed on the bottom line, and when the Easties saw the result of the arbitration, there was no way they were going to go for a joint contract unless the Westies agreed to their demands. You know it's true, and so does everyone else. You guys are the laughing stock of this industry and an embarrassment. You'll always be asked by other crew members at AA where you came from, and each one will size you up right there and then, as a jackhole who was "following the.....uhhh...law??" Whatever dude....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Follow the law, huh? Everyone signed on the bottom line, and when the Easties saw the result of the arbitration, there was no way they were going to go for a joint contract unless the Westies agreed to their demands. You know it's true, and so does everyone else. You guys are the laughing stock of this industry and an embarrassment. You'll always be asked by other crew members at AA where you came from, and each one will size you up right there and then, as a jackhole who was "following the.....uhhh...law??" Whatever dude....

Bye Bye---Genital Lee

You cannot possibly be this stupid, wait, yes you can.

You cannot possibly be this stupid, wait, yes you can.

"I'm just following the law......" Your comment was probably the most ignorant and funniest ones I've read all year. Thanks dumb azz!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I can't believe a potentially good thread got hijacked into an east-west fight.

When the arrogant pr!ck himself General Lee posts in a thread, it goes downhill instantly. Every airline has a bad apple, and SkyWest unfortunately has theirs.

Latest resources

Back