Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

the industry - what is up at Republic Airways ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
How is Republic Airways holding up with the crude oil crisis and economy? I believe they solely fly on behalf of Frontier and America West/US Airways correct?

If Frontier goes Ch.7/Shut down, what is in store for Republic?

you forgot about united, delta, american

I believe he was referring to the Republic Airways certificate side of RAH, which currently only flies for USAir. The Frontier contract has already been canceled and the last flight for them already flown.

Last flight for Frontier was end of june. Right now we have those airplanes sitting around, collecting dust. Management is trying hard to place those airplanes with another carrier, but no luck yet. Some of the aircraft are for sale, though oddly 10 or so are not offered for sale. No furloughs yet, though it feels inevitable given the state of the industry. For now we are in a holding pattern, waiting for either good news or bad news. But to date, no furloughs. The frontier-side pilots have all been redistributed through the system, some staying on the republic certificate, others over to shuttle america. With any luck, we can keep everyone on property until the Delta 175's start arriving and let attrition decrease the workforce as CRJ leases come to an end starting this fall/winter.

Also, Republic is currently in a respectable financial position. To date we have been posting healthy profits, thanks to our fee per departure contracts. We have cash in the bank, a stock price that is higher than most every other airline (though less than half of what is was 6 months ago), and so far we have not been threatened with a loss of flying from any of our large partners (Frontier was only 17 aircraft). The frontier planes are expensive to keep grounded ($300,000 per month each), but at the same time we can sell them (RAH does not lease a/c with the exception of the 24 CRJs) if needed and replace them later with one of our delivery options. The loss (sale, buyers confirmed) of our 15 E135's this year and the returning of leased CRJ's from 2008 to 2010 were planned fleet changes before oil went nuts, so in that sense all is going according to plan. I am happy to be here given the state of our industry, but i am also glad I have a lot of people beneath me. I don't think any company is safe right now from reductions, though some may make it through untouched...its going to be luck of the draw.

How is Republic Airways holding up with the crude oil crisis and economy? I believe they solely fly on behalf of Frontier and America West/US Airways correct?

If Frontier goes Ch.7/Shut down, what is in store for Republic?
Um, yeah, about that...
F9 flying by RW ended in June...what happens to F9 now can't really hurt RAH. Lynx on the other hand could suffer...

17 E170s with out homes.

24 CRJs will be leaving.

15 135s will be leaving (replaced by 175s however).

Unless they know something we don't, its going to get "interesting". Curiously enough, however, there are rumors that interviewing/hiring is being resumed. Just another chapter in "As the Embraer Turns"...

I am hanging out in the pool waiting to go to class. I have heard mixed opinions about when classes might resume. From reading the posts above, it looks like I could be treading water for a while though.... Has anyone heard anything about when classes might start back up again?

Well they might do well as mainline carriers cut flights and furlough real pilots. Shupublicqua can step in with the little pukes and fly the routes with their toy planes. I am not saying all pilots under the republic of chitaqqua flag would suck male organs but they would certainly hold them in their mouths while they thought about it.

Well they might do well as mainline carriers cut flights and furlough real pilots. Shupublicqua can step in with the little pukes and fly the routes with their toy planes. I am not saying all pilots under the republic of chitaqqua flag would suck male organs but they would certainly hold them in their mouths while they thought about it.

...says a career FO from Eagle who will be stay there for a while longer. Or maybe Piedmont? Or PSA? Don't be so bitter, it will shorten your life. Just play the hand you're dealt and try to be happy.

(Except GoJets, you can smoke a pole.)

Latest resources

Back