• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 words
Who Cares

2 words. Airplane mode.
One acronym...FAR

It is the entire "blame it on someone else mentality". No one is accountable for their own actions anymore. The B who was on her phone or the jackhole who threw a tantrum. They should both be fined for their actions.

We all know that nothing is going to happen, but the simple fact of the matter is, she broke the law. She, along with the folks above who are for some unknown reason on her side, are further eroding what is left of the Flight Crew's authority and just giving the public free reign over a Flight Crew. Where is the line drawn, using a PED, standing up during takeoff, taking a dump on a service cart, smoking in the lavatory, smoking in your seat, or trying to breakdown the cockpit door to ask the pilot what city you are flying over...please tell me where the line is drawn.

And I do agree, who cares and it should really be a non issue...

Last edited:
It's a stupid rule.

That's what undermines the captains authority. Everyone knows it's a stupid rule because everyone has at one time or another forgot to turn it off. When that happens and the plane acts normal then, after time, people figure out it's a stupid rule that has no affect. When someone tells you to do something and you know there is no reason for why then you lose respect for the one telling you to do it. That's why kids hate it when Mom or Dad says, "because I said so".

If just once a plane had a problem due to a cell phone on and it made the news then people might comply. But that hasn't happened because it makes NO differance. Why do we then still have to do something that makes NO differance?...

Because it's a stupid rule. It's not liberalism. It's human nature to recognize a stupid rule. Sorta like the TSA. People get it.

Last edited:
This story goes under the title of "who gives a rats ***".

Stewardess! Stewardess! She's on her blackberry...yawn. NEXT!

Does she have the same annoying voice her mom has? I'm not talking about the accent, I mean that voice that sounds like a German shepherd with a tennis ball jammed down it's throat.

Does it really matter?

Kinda hard to hear a voice when her head's buried in the pillows anyway.

Because it's a stupid rule.

Thanks for proving my point...you are a prime example of what is wrong with this country.

Don't hold yourself accountable blame it on the rule, or blame it on someone else.

If it is a rule, you should follow it...not look for a way to pass blame when you break it. If you are in a store and you bump a plate off a shelf do you blame it on the floor because if they had carpet it wouldn't have broken? Or do you blame it on the plate because if it wasn't so fragile it wouldn't have broken? Or do you accept responsibility because you bumped it and offer to pay for the broken item?

Latest resources

Back