• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

freightdogfred

Malcontent
deleted

Last edited:
The hiring boom is in full swing, it will continue to grow and maximize rate of change in June of 2007. Drop out of college and get those flying jobs.

The hiring boom is in full swing, it will continue to grow and maximize rate of change in June of 2007. Drop out of college and get those flying jobs.

Great advice...why have a back up plan in case you lose your medical or get furloughed when this so-called boom is over. A college degree only helps you to qualify for the top flying jobs. It shows that you can follow through in a formal education setting and displays a higher level of intelligence and organization. FedEx and SWA and Delta will not look at you without a degree, but then again you can work at a dirtbag freight operator flying POS Falcons on a 20 min call out. Those types of operations will snatch you up quick, because they know your options to leave are limited without degrees. I have flown with plenty of pilots that really regret not sticking out college and getting a degree. Just remember, those who start their careers at YIP usually end it at YIP.

While I agree that someone should get a degree (I wish I had mine completed already), I think it does not demonstrate that you are intelligent. I've come across plenty of people who have degrees but are downright stupid in act and thought. When it comes down to it, it's a check in the box.

Hi!

The best optioin for professional pilots is to drop out, get a flying job, AND get your degree via the internet on the side. That way, you get your 1000 PIC turbine as fast as possible as well as having a safety net with your degree.

cliff
YIP

PS: New Pinnacle mins:
Comm
Multi
Inst
NO minimum hours required.

no no no the hiring bust comes in 2012

Latest resources

Back