Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I.P. Freley

I like people food
....is on AMC right now. I've never actually seen the film, and it's a total RIOT, especially since it's easier to see where all the stereotypical characters from "Airplane!" came from. And the whole "Over Macho Grande?" subplot from Airplane! is here, too.

It even stars Robert Stack (Capt. Rex Kramer!).

I.P. Freley said:
....is on AMC right now. I've never actually seen the film, and it's a total RIOT, especially since it's easier to see where all the stereotypical characters from "Airplane!" came from. And the whole "Over Macho Grande?" subplot from Airplane! is here, too.

I can't wait to see the bitch slap scene!

You've got it backwards

I.P. Freley said:

Hiht and the Mighty came out nearly 30 years before AIRPLANE.

And yes, the US Coast Guard had B17 for maritime patrol in the 40s/50s

I've got it backwards, do I?

aeronautic1 said:
Hiht and the Mighty came out nearly 30 years before AIRPLANE.

C'mon, man, I know that. Give me a LITTLE credit! What made you think I thought "Airplane!" came first!? "The High and The Mighty" stars John Wayne, who was a year in his grave before "Airplane!" was released.

What I said is that it's clear some of the characters and subplots in "Airplane!" were based upon characters in this movie.

Oh, man, I'd do anything for them to take the "kid travelling alone" and throw him out the door with the luggage (to save weight so they can make shore)! LOL!!

I know this isn't supposed to be funny, but I keep seeing "Airplane!" bits in practically every scene...

Notice

one of the passengers was one of the pilots in Islands in the Sky.

Or the second officer who played that childish "GOD" on Star Trek?

Well here's the scene with the passenger playing a tune... Too bad it's not a nun with a guitar...

Too bad, too, that the exterior shots of the airplane don't have "jet sounds". :D

Truth be told

I was one of the last crewmembers that marked time between San Francisco and Honolulu at Ocean Station November a nd relayed weather and position reports of airliners crossibng the pond. Even talked to my dad as he bassed overheard when he flew for Continental.

Latest resources

Back