The High and The Mighty

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll have to use that one sometime...

Man that was good stuff. Gotta thank dad for calling me and tipping me off that it was on. :)

Nothing like spending the weekend flying with two landings at John Wayne Airport, then watching John Wayne flying.

Just about jumped through my skin when the Duke's bird shook the first time; my last flight today had an aborted takeoff, lost fuel flow on both engines with EGTs dropping rapidly. Funny, an abort on a relatively short runway with the overrun leading to the Pacific doesn't raise the pulse rate, but watching an engine shrudder enroute over the Pacific on the TV does.

Must be the movie author.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Did anyone notice on Island in the Sky, that when the rescue DC-3 dropped the can of Spam, John Waynes character threw the spam back at the DC-3? Priceless...

aeronautic1 said:
Notice that black people didn;t fly in the 50s

Around here they did. Flew just fine. About 3-4 feet off the ground, usually under trees. (Although it was more of a hover than flight...)

And with that, my young student pilot, you have already achieved a status that others with much more flight experience but the same amount of couth and sensitivity have reached. It's called the Penalty Box. What a milestone for you. Perhaps you're just heady from having soloed or something.

If this is the kind of participation that we can expect from you on the Board, don't bother contributing. Why not come back when you've demonstrated that you can at least fly more than 25 miles from your airport by yourself and remember to get your logbook signed.

For now, keep your pattern tight and your pie hole shut. Five days. Bye.

p.s.- if you are what your profile say you are, don't even come back. We don't need self-professed troublemakers

UAL78

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I saw those two movies when they first came out in 1953 and 1954 respectively. I was a USAF Aviation Cadet in '53 and when I saw "Moon" take that little D-4 calculator out of his pocket, I knew I had to have one. I did find one and used it, flying all over the the US, Europe and Asia. I still have it, in my collection of memorabilia. I see many of you young guys make fun of the pictures but for us, at the time, it was all we had. Of course now you all have your Flight Sim and stuff so you are sooo much more sophisticated, right? <bg>

~DC

Latest resources

Back