Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FE vs. Navigator

FN FAL said:
Hahaha...he shoulda turned around and slapped the taste out of the FE's mouth as well...just to grant him his wish.

Because you know the second John Wayne woulda walked off the flight deck, the FE woulda said to the CA, "I wished he would have slapped me like that..."

The 3rd guy on the flight deck in this movie was the navigator. There is no FE on a DC4. No INS, No Doppler, No nothin!

From an old guy

Spooky 1 said:
The 3rd guy on the flight deck in this movie was the navigator. There is no FE on a DC4. No INS, No Doppler, No nothin!

From an old guy
OK...cool...didn't know that.

He'd grant the Navigator his wish, then! :D

Spooky 1 said:

From an old guy

Actually, there were four guys on the flight deck. The fourth guy was the relief pilot.

www.bdkingpress.com The home of Ernie Gann.

aeronautic1 said:
I thought Friday Harbor was the home of Ernie Gann?

Aye, it t'was until 1991. However, Dodie, entrusted me to keep his works alive, and that is why I have republished A Hostage To Fortune, The High and The Mighty, and Island In The Sky. Great writings from a great guy.

www.bdkingpress.com

...he shoulda turned around and slapped the taste out of the FE's mouth as well...
You're killin' me....I can see the Duke doin' it.

The 3rd guy on the flight deck in this movie was the navigator.
One more reason to slap him!

BD King said:
Aye, it t'was until 1991. However, Dodie, entrusted me to keep his works alive, and that is why I have republished A Hostage To Fortune, The High and The Mighty, and Island In The Sky. Great writings from a great guy.

www.bdkingpress.com

The paper back looks great. Dodie inscribed and mailed Islands to me recently. A perfect companion in the cockpit. Do you get up to the island often?

BD King said:
Actually, there were four guys on the flight deck. The fourth guy was the relief pilot.
I'd think so. I'd need a relief pilot if I got the taste buds slapped out of my mouth by the FO while flying.

Purple Haze said:
You're killin' me....I can see the Duke doin' it!
You know I'm just "running with it"...that is the visual image presented by the commercials for that movie with the Duke slapping Robert Stack. How would you make a movie like that today?

I've had to elbow a body builder student in the ribs during a flare now and then...you know the ones, the ones with the "death grip" on the yoke...so I can relate to the Duke in the slapping scene.

BD King said:

www.bdkingpress.com The home of Ernie Gann.

Good catch! I had forgooten about the younger guy in the crew. Actually the navigator was perfectly cast in this movie. If you ever were around many navs, this guy was a compilation of everyone I had known.

Latest resources

Back