The Hat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BC,

Thanks! I was looking for a reason to never wear my tie again!

That, and the various electronic gadgets that a lot of hefty pilots like to wear around their ample waist lines make for quite a well dressed nerd. Do you really need your blackberry on your person during flight?

whoa, easy does it, turbo. my response was called "sarcasm," which you may have heard about--or even encountered once or twice--in the pilot community.

And as long as you're giving lessons on how to be a PIC (free, no less) let me give you one. a PIC takes stuff in stride and doesn't fly off the handle. Work on it and get back to me.

Maybe your hat is just too tight...try the next size up. Or maybe you've joined forces with Tanker Clown...

Now that was a decent response.

That, and the various electronic gadgets that a lot of hefty pilots like to wear around their ample waist lines make for quite a well dressed nerd. Do you really need your blackberry on your person during flight?

Only if your blackberry is set to stun.

I was just wondering how wearing a hat is a show of solidarity.

Solidarity is shown by all voting the same way.

And that is accomplished by way more than adequate communication to the troops.

I would get involved with the communication end of the union but I don't think I would bring much to the table other than office work printing and putting out literature as a copy boy.

This would The contract wants and needs should be fully explained in laymans terms to the rank and file textually with the positives and negatives and then communicated well and not just once. The information needs to be disseminated again and again to solidify the ranks so a educated vote can be made.

A hat seems like it would do nothing without information pounded in again and again to make it worth something real.

This would go for any pilot group.

Last edited:
I was just wondering how wearing a hat is a show of solidarity.

Solidarity is shown by all voting the same way.

And that is accomplished by way more than adequate communication to the troops.

I would get involved with the communication end of the union but I don't think I would bring much to the table other than office work printing and putting out literature as a copy boy.

This would The contract wants and needs should be fully explained in laymans terms to the rank and file textually with the positives and negatives and then communicated well and not just once. The information needs to be disseminated again and again to solidify the ranks so a educated vote can be made.

A hat seems like it would do nothing without information pounded in again and again to make it worth something real.

This would go for any pilot group.

At ASA we leave our logo lights off for solidarity.

Uniform police

We recently got a memo from CP at MEH saying that the variances in uniform were unacceptable and dicipline could be forthcoming. Hence back to wearing the hat full time. B-4 this it was an afterthought. Anyone else out there have this. I hear that NWA got rid of the hat with thier concessions???

Remember that the hat switch is ON. Anytime you are in public view, or likely to be viewed by management, WEAR YOUR HAT. In the concourse, on the jetway, wherever. Show solidarity with your fellow pilots, show management our solidarity…. WEAR YOUR HAT.

Um, ok Spike, but I think it just got sucked into the engine.

Tell me about it.

Somehow not wearing a hat looks unprofessional, but wearing a tie with a short sleeve shirt doesn't in any way scream "I work for Inintech" or "I work at Rent-A-Center."

Oh the humanity.

You know, the funny thing is how many complaints I get from pilots when I wear long sleve shirts. They tell me how hot it is in the summer. Maybe Myth Busters otta take a look at that one. I have never been treated for over heated forearms.

Latest resources

Back