• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Hat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is it that when pilots know they will be photographed or when they work with kids at their schools ie adopt a pilot at SWA, they wear their hats proudly with their blazers. Why the fake front. Either keep them on your damn head or keep 'em at home. Lots of hypocracy there. I see it all the time. Why is it that you want that public to perceive you as the consumate professional outside the airport, but at your work environment, in front of the passengers and the pricks at management, when it really counts, when you should look like a professional, you walk around all jacked up with black high top reeboks (Yes I saw this). We"re losing it big time. If you look like a shlub, thats how you'll be treated. Just my opinion. So the next time, when you're doing the food drive at the local hospital or homeless shelter representing your airline remember jo jo the bum doesnt care how you look, just as long as you feed him. So keep your lid in the closet.

Yeah, the hat will surely fool 'em. They will barely notice that typical paunch/gut, lint-encrusted pants and that rollaboard with the "Ski Naked" and "Buck Fush" bumper stickers on it.

Hat?

I proudly wear my hat!

That's not a hat, Instructordude...... Most of the rest of the world refers to it as a condom. At least you got it on the anatomically correct appendage-even if said appendage happens to lie between your shoulders.

-You truly are a Noobmeister, Easy Bake!

Last edited:
Even if I had a had it wouldn't look right with my goatee.

Yea what he said.
I want my company let me wear a beard again.
Some fruit cake with the faa questioned it once and our new limp d!*) mngmt didn't even argue the fact.
Oh well now they say my o2 mask will work better. bla bla baa.
BACK TO BEARDS NOW>

that way the 54% pay cut will be worth it.

Short answer: yes.

Get back to your homework, junior. Keep working on the insults too, they're pretty weak.

The reason the insult is weak is because I don't mean to be as much of an a s s as you are on this board.

I copy pasted it because I thought it was typical union stuff. But as seen with your post you didn't have the ability brain wise to realize that it obviously must have come off a union board.

Was brought here to see how others felt about it. It's off a a well known MEC board. Those who have read it there know where it comes from. (I won't mention which MEC because I don't know how the members of that branch of the ALPA unit feel about it. I don't want to wear it myself but if I have to per the union I will.)

You didn't nor do you seem to have the abitlity to recognize it is something form a union MEC so all you can do is be of weak mind and hurl an insult.

Not much more insight than many of your posts just another simple minded knee jerk reaction instead of thought.

Your comment did nothing but waste space just like my comment back to you is wasted and just serves to make you more defensive of you child like response.

Thanks for your interest though.

Maybe you were just drunk impairing your superior insight.

Since you acted like a child this time I imagine that you will now spend time searching my posts and copy paste them here in an attempt to shore up your credibilty instead of working on the future as a pilot community that we are here on flight info dot com.

Or you can be a man and say you reacted too quickly and show you have the decency worthy to be PIC.

.edited typing skills

Last edited:
Maybe you would be nicer to each other if you had hats.

Not much more insight than many of your posts just another simple minded knee jerk reaction instead of thought.

Your comment did nothing but waste space just like my comment back to you is wasted and just serves to make you more defensive of you child like response.

Thanks for your interest though.

Maybe you were just drunk impairing your superior insight.

Since you acted like a child this time I imagine that you will now spend time searching my posts and copy paste them here in an attempt to shore up your credibilty instead of working on the future as a pilot community that we are here on flight info dot com.

Or you can be a man and say you reacted too quickly and show you have the decency worthy to be PIC.

whoa, easy does it, turbo. my response was called "sarcasm," which you may have heard about--or even encountered once or twice--in the pilot community.

And as long as you're giving lessons on how to be a PIC (free, no less) let me give you one. a PIC takes stuff in stride and doesn't fly off the handle. Work on it and get back to me.

Maybe your hat is just too tight...try the next size up. Or maybe you've joined forces with Tanker Clown...

Many airlines are now hat-optional. More will likely be in the future. How I conduct myself as a professional pilot is a lot more important than wearing a head ornament. The military knows it's polite to remove one's hat when indoors. And working pilots know it's too hot and too hard to keep a hat on when outdoors. The result: my hat stays at home.

Tell me about it.

Somehow not wearing a hat looks unprofessional, but wearing a tie with a short sleeve shirt doesn't in any way scream "I work for Inintech" or "I work at Rent-A-Center."

Oh the humanity.

BC,

Thanks! I was looking for a reason to never wear my tie again!

Latest resources

Back