• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

the gojet/TSA history lesson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA will have to do what ever it can to clean up the mess of 2005 and in all probability they will have to give up more than they'll receive. I feel for the pilots now that have to deal with the disasterous negotiations in 05 that sealed the fate of TSA. However this whole deal could have been prevented in 2005. The biggest irony about this is not the pay or the contract, because the fact of the matter is Gojet now is union and has an industry standard contract as well as 66 seat pay. The irony is that gojet single list was voted down because it would hurt job security for the pilots. Look at where we are now in 09, that's what the current TSA is begging of Hulas, a single list which they could have had in 05. So sad. Whatever, what's done is done no need to harp on the past. Gojet is a new company with pilots that have no connection at all with 2005 and are union and Alpa/Teamster supporters.

Well said!
:beer:

I don't have a crystal ball but I can see another possible future. It may be possible for TSA to recover. Obtain new planes. Recall furloughees. Negotiate a good contract.

I don't mean this as a put down, but I have noticed that people who are relatively new to the airline industry tend to develop hypotheses based on the assumption that things will remain as they are today. There are so many variables that we cannot begin to imagine what the future will hold. My prediction is that there will be some positive changes in the relatively near future. Look at all the regional airlines that have bit the dust during this down cycle. When the pendulum begins to swing back, who will be benefit most? I believe it will be airlines with a good infrastructure and a ready labor pool that can provide good customer service. That includes ASA, PSA, Comair and TSA. My apologies to any that I left out. No offense Mesa but you may not make the list due to the customer service backlash. Not necessarily your fault though. Mesa gave their customers (mainline companies) what they wanted at the time but may be punished for that now.

At this time, I think the best strategy is to look toward the future. This TSA/Gojet tussle will seem like just fighting over scraps when viewed through the retrospective lens of hindsight.

Ninjas. the real ultimate power. http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm

Last edited:
TSA will have to do what ever it can to clean up the mess of 2005 and in all probability they will have to give up more than they'll receive. I feel for the pilots now that have to deal with the disasterous negotiations in 05 that sealed the fate of TSA. However this whole deal could have been prevented in 2005. The biggest irony about this is not the pay or the contract, because the fact of the matter is Gojet now is union and has an industry standard contract as well as 66 seat pay. The irony is that gojet single list was voted down because it would hurt job security for the pilots. Look at where we are now in 09, that's what the current TSA is begging of Hulas, a single list which they could have had in 05. So sad. Whatever, what's done is done no need to harp on the past. Gojet is a new company with pilots that have no connection at all with 2005 and are union and Alpa/Teamster supporters.

Spoken like a true scumbag.

Thank you Skippy

You gojet pilots need to make this right. It is very clear that you enabled and assisted management. You undermined the TSA negotiations.

Everyone needs to leave that goat-********************er uncle hulie and burn the ********************hole down.

Isnt the definition of insanity doing the same thing and expecting different results? While I, as a former TSAer, would love for TSA to be a good place to be, we all know that Uncle hulie will keep you all down, as low as a goat turd, and do everything to delay paying you a cent over the contract that was negotiated years ago. If ANYONE thinks that Uncle Hulie will wake up, smell the goat turd, and start paying people what they are worth - well, isnt that insanity?

You cant run an airline without pilots. If the ********************hole is that bad (and from what I hear, nothing has changed there in decades); then just leave. Drop a deuce on Uncle's desk, tell him where to go screw a goat, and just leave.

When I was at TSA (and yes, GJ, in dispatch), I hated it there - the management on both sides (the same person - just with different ID cards), was a miserable prick. I left that cesspool in St Louis, and have never looked back.

When you leave TSA/GJS, you will feel better for doing so...

Wow. Just, wow.

Latest resources

Back