• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

the gojet/TSA history lesson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny...the guy who interviewd me at United was from (gasp!) Gulfstream. That move really F'ed up his career. He's 43 and been at UA for 16 years. Oh, and he's a checkairman.

All I can say about this entire thread (and the point I hope every GoJet pilot takes to heart) is that I hope I end up on a hiring board at a Major someday. Here's a little sample of how the interview will go with an ex GoJetter...

Me: Hey, how are you today? Thanks for taking the time to come interview with us. Let's start with a little about you. Who have you been flying for most recently?

Interviewee: I've been with GoJet for the last (however many) years.

Me: Thanks for stopping by, we'll be in touch... Next...

I think there are many pilots who share that opinion. Undoubtedly, some GoJet'er "A" listers will slip through the cracks, but some will not...

I think there are many pilots who share that opinion. Undoubtedly, some GoJet'er "A" listers will slip through the cracks, but some will not...

The Gojet "A" listers in 05, are gone and the others were TSA lifers anyways so they will never go anywhere else.

The beauty of it is you may be right, I'm probably not cut out to be an interviewer, I'd rather be flying any day. I will guarantee you this, while it may not be me, there will be others with my view towards GoJets who WILL be interviewers, and you know what they say about Karma...

That's one thing I've learned over the course of my life. When people screw others to get ahead, it may not catch up with them today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually it will catch up to you. GoJetters are definitely screwing the TSA group and it will come back around... Bank on it.

That is as ridiculous as me saying; okay Mr. Karma, How about that you TSA'ers are getting your just desserts for "stealing" Eagle flying a while back? How's that for karma?

No, today's Gojetters aren't trying to get ahead and they're certainly not screwing anyone.
Since you GJ bashers like to say that anyone that disagrees with you must fly for GJ, I'll just head you off at the pass. I don't fly for them. I just raise the BS flag when it's due.

Last edited:
That is as ridiculous as me saying; okay Mr. Karma, How about that you TSA'ers are getting your just desserts for "stealing" Eagle flying a while back? How's that for karma?

Nobody at Eagle got furloughed because of TSA "stealing" Eagle's routes. Besides, some of the flying was grandfathered from the TWA takeover. What about that karma?

No, today's Gojetters aren't trying to get ahead and they're certainly not screwing anyone.

What planet are you living on? Just look at some of the original backstabbers that crossed the line. I don't seem 'em there. They realized the coolaid they were drinking and went to places like ... (sigh) Skybus. And this attitude hasn't changed! Everybody there just hopes to get the time and get the flying sh!te outta there. How would you stay there with the current amount of LOI?

What coolaid are you drinking or what planet are you living on?

Last edited:
What planet are you living on? Just look at some of the original backstabbers that crossed the line. I don't seem 'em there. They realized the coolaid they were drinking and went to places like ... (sigh) Skybus. And this attitude hasn't changed! Everybody there just hopes to get the time and get the flying sh!te outta there. How would you stay there with the current amount of LOI?

Those backstabbers knew what was going on, that the pilot no vote was going to be the end of TSA. Sure there's always the personal reason but what pilot doesn't think about his or her interests before the brotherhood's? We're not living in Red North Korea, after all going to GJ was/isn't against any rules and there was no strike, ALPA was even for the CRJ7 airplanes for TSA. And now in 09 GJ is better than TSA with a union. Also what gives you the right to prohibit or harrass someone that wants to go to Skybus or any other place?? If someone can survivie on 30k flying a A319 who cares? Maybe they want to use that time as a stepping stone to something better like some of them tried at Cathay/Emirates, etc. Places like you and me can only dream about seeing here in the states. If you have any say in the matter and are not some of those 05 nutjobs that have moved on yet still preach like it's 05, then do something about it instead of kicking and screaming on internet forums.

Nobody at Eagle got furloughed because of TSA "stealing" Eagle's routes.

TSA did some flying as American connection when Eagle pilots were furloughed. Enough said.

How many times are you going to ask (stupidly) for my resident planet? Normally I would just ignore such idiotic posts but, in case there's actually a chance that you can be convinced to use your own brain instead mindlessly regurgitating someone else's thoughts; What part of "today's Gojetters" do you not understand? Since you seem to be having trouble understanding, I'll break it down for you. That means pilots that hired on after the initial group that left TSA to jump ahead in seniority. That is indeed shameful. However, there is nothing anymore questionable about those that got hired since that time that isn't as questionable as a pilot flying for any other regional. Now, what's the flavor of the Kool-Aid that you're drinking?

Last edited:
TSA Management is the biggest scum bag operation on the planet. But they also knew they were dealing with a union that had no leverage or spine. So they minipulated them and created GoJet.
Maybe if ALPA had some balls, GoJet wouldn't be what it is today.

TSA did some flying as American connection when Eagle pilots were furloughed. Enough said.

How many times are you going to ask (stupidly) for my resident planet? Normally I would just ignore such idiotic posts but, in case there's actually a chance that you can be convinced to use your own brain instead mindlessly regurgitating someone else's thoughts; What part of "today's Gojetters" do you not understand? Since you seem to be having trouble understanding, I'll break it down for you. That means pilots that hired on after the initial group that left TSA to jump ahead in seniority. That is indeed shameful. However, there is nothing anymore questionable about those that got hired since that time that isn't as questionable as a pilot flying for any other regional. Now, what's the flavor of the Kool-Aid that you're drinking?

Now don't be putting any kind of logic in their young, tiny little minds. I talked to a 10 year TSA guy and had to shake my head. I mean the mentality of some of these pilots make me shake my head. This guy (and others) CHOSE to stay at this horrible company even when times were good. He and many others CHOSE to stay there.....at TSA. How sad. I mean...have some ambition in life will ya?? Sheeeeeeesh Oh, and before you start bashing me etc.....and I KNOW you TSA'ers will...I say the same thing about all of the "initial" GoJetters that are here and will never leave also.

Latest resources

Back