Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

want2bluvd

SWA brothers and sisters:

I have a question for you -- I am flying a G550 for a fortune 10 company, but want to work for swa, as this has been the goal since my inception into aviation... I know that this is what I want to do - do you guys think that I am "nuts" too?

Last edited:
want2bluvd said:
SWA btothers and sisters:

I have a question for you -- I am flying a G550 for a fortune 10 company, but want to work for swa, as this has been the goal since my inception into aviation... I know that this is what I want to do - do you guys think that I am "nuts" too?

Hell no it will be the best move you ever made.

Different Strokes for Different Folks.

If this has been your goal than you must try to do it, but understand the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I am celebrating my 30th year first solo flight this year. I have flown Freight, Commuter, Legacy Airline, Charter Airline and a little Corporate. My advice, do what makes you happy and have no regrets. Don't get involved with the "Keeping up With The Joness" syndrome lest you always be unhappy.

My heros in this industry are the ones who have had a long career with one or two airlines and have finally secured enough seniority to spend time with their family and retire at an early age. I don't care where they flew or what they flew.

If flying for SWA is your goal than you have already answered your own question.

Last advise. Never, Never, Never burn a bridge or step on someone to get something because Karma will get ya.

Last edited:
want2bluvd said:
SWA btothers and sisters:
want2bluvd said:

:rolleyes: You have 3 posts (at least under this user name) in this forum and two of them read identically. Do you really want an answer to this question or are you just looking to start another SWA pro/con thread? What kind of answer do you really expect to get from a SWA pilot? Let's see..... I'm at SWA - a company that's making $$, hiring pilots and has been very successful so far: Nahhhh! Dude you're nuts - you don't want to work here!!

If you want to work for SWA - try to get hired. You said yourself it's been your goal since you started flying. So get off the fence and do it. They ain't holding a seniority number waiting for you to make up your mind. Why would you expect a current SWA pilot to try to talk you out of it?

Thanks - moved the post... Made a posting mistake -- appreciate the heads up...

I know what you are saying and I hear you! I love SWA! It has been the goal all along and it is what I want, not one doubt... I just keep hearing that i am nuts for wanting to leave a great job -- but, then again, I am not at SWA either!

How great is your current job? Does it offer you as good a schedule as Southwest? Does it pay better through your career as Southwest? Does your current job offer a bunch of generally really cool coworkers? Do you get as good of a vacation schedule every year? Do you desire the jumpseat (I don't care what anyone says- it is awesome even with the high load factors)? Airlines are really a different world than corporate, but if you are going to trade in a good job, at least you are looking at a place that is a pretty darn good bet to be a good place to be for a career. Just make sure it is a better job for you if you do decide to pull the trigger.

I say stay were you are. Do you want to fly the man or the people working for the man? Do you want to fly dal sat dal aus dal hou sat....all in one day?
Or do you want to fly to London once in a while. Do you want to keep flying the sweet equipment you fly now. Or do you want to fly a 737 with funny instruments, no auto-brakes and without autothrottles? When the hedges are gone, look for paycuts too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back