• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The "Gloves" are now off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are these guys on ********************ing crack?

It might lead to higher fares? We are worried about that?

Holy $hit.

I don't want any probe or probing. I just want our 6 (gone so far) E-190's back and for the 226 furloughs to be called back.

Another brilliant move by the USAPA leadership. It never ceases to amaze me how little value people can place on a group of pilots that has a sole purpose of advancing the interests of the pilots they represent (unlike ALPA). USAPA is for the pilots, through and through and this latest move just highlights again this point. Be honest, ALPA NEVER would have done this move to write the DOJ.
Go USAPA!

Ha ha, that's a funny post. Usapa, standing up for the pilots they represent. Ha ha, good one.

This is the way I see it.... This PILOT group can either help grow this airline into a reputable carrier, or it will expedite its demise. One thing is for sure, the current management is bent on transitioning US Airways back to a conglomeration of multiple regionals with substandard wages and work rules.
This pilot group is being USED as a tool for this transition.....

I'm sorry, but this deal should be shot down by DOJ. These slots and gates should simply be put up for auction and awarded to the highest bidder. But DL and US are afraid of who that highest bidder might be. If the DOJ is really interested in some honest competition with full sized jets, NOT MORE DL RJ's, then open these slots up at auction to some of the LCC's, and may the best Airline win.

I'm sorry, but this deal should be shot down by DOJ. These slots and gates should simply be put up for auction and awarded to the highest bidder. But DL and US are afraid of who that highest bidder might be. If the DOJ is really interested in some honest competition with full sized jets, NOT MORE DL RJ's, then open these slots up at auction to some of the LCC's, and may the best Airline win.

your post does not make sense. it is like saying the government should come in and put your house up for auction. Those slots are owned by Airways and Delta. If they want to trade them that is their right - provided it meets minimum DOJ approval. This challenge is doomed. If anything it will show USAPA that they are not ALPA and do not have equal political might - which is actually a good thing in my opinion.

Latest resources

Back