• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Ghost of (Eastern) flight 401

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The narrator of that video for the Travel Ch kept saying "The Captain and Flight Engineer." He never mentioned the First Officer. I think he forgot or didn't know this was a 3 person airplane.

The narrator of that video for the Travel Ch kept saying "The Captain and Flight Engineer." He never mentioned the First Officer. I think he forgot or didn't know this was a 3 person airplane.

Loft (the Captain) and Repo (the Engineer) were the only 2 that kept appearing on other Eastern planes.

Didn't the autopsy of Capt. Loft reveal a brain tumor?

Last edited:
Didn't the autopsy of Capt. Loft reveal a brain tumor?

I believe you are correct. However, it was determined it was not a factor in the crash.

Remember, there was a survivor in the cockpit, the company technical officer, Angelo Donadeo.

Wow . . . that had to be the most incompetent attempt to portray airline flying ever. It was painful to watch.

Let's see, instead of an L-1011, they show variously a DC10, an MD80, and who knows what else, and the Attitude Indicators are tumbled throughout the flight. You'd think even a non-pilot would realize that they are sideways. :rolleyes:

One of the surviving F/A's worked for AirTran, flew with her a few times. Although I was curious about it, she never mentioned it, so I never brought it up. Nice lady, very quiet.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back