The future of "NEWCO"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nwaredtail said:
With 1000 or so furloughed mainline NWA guys out there, I am not too worried about any 22 year old pilots flying any for NEWco anytime soon, if it happens at all. With a four + year wait for any embrarer product and the crappy stats on the CRJ700-900, I think the DC-9 at lower wages becomes alot more viable.

Don't forget that NWA ordered the B787 in April of 2004, but kept it a secret until after we agreed to concessions in Dec 2005...NW will be the N. America launch customer. For all we know, they already have 100 EMB-190's on order. These guys are sneaky bastards.

Jimdandy,

emotional maybe, 34 year old 757 copilot , yes. How's your career goin? Newco is never going to happen. USAIR did the midatlantic crap to save the pension. NWA MEC knows that won't happen so the Number 1 issue is scope.

Thanks for taking the time to look up my, what, 20 or posts over the last six months. What a loser. too funny.............

Last edited:
NWAREDTAIL,

My only motivation for talking about NEWCO is for NWA pilots to have an awareness about what happened to MidAtlantic. I want NWA pilots to have MidAtlantic in their minds at the bargaining table and when voting on a contract.

I want this because I hate thinking about so many Mainline pilots on furlough while regionals are getting 70+ seat jets flying under the mainline codes. This should never have happened. I don't want NWA Pilots to be blind sided 18-36 months from now when NWA is trying to raise cash for the bankruptcy exit and decides to sell its neatly packaged "NEWCO" to the regional with the most cash to spare. Just be aware, thats all I ask.

nwaredtail said:
Jimdandy,

emotional maybe, 34 year old 757 copilot , yes. How's your career goin? Newco is never going to happen. USAIR did the midatlantic crap to save the pension. NWA MEC knows that won't happen so the Number 1 issue is scope.

Thanks for taking the time to look up my, what, 20 or posts over the last six months. What a loser. too funny.............

Don't let Jimdorky get you down. All red tail boys are in this together and now sharing the pain equally.

Last I heard Continental is trying to modify the pension legislation to make it more difficult to terminate a pension. Could be bad if it forces you to liquidate, but good if it forces a company to negotiate on a fair playing field instead of just being able to default on a whim.

Correct me if I’m wrong, A vote was cast by M/L pilots long ago to keep the commuter/regional guy out of their ranks, and off their seniority list. Even ALPA supported the separation. This generated the “A” / “B” scale flying groups. This is something that I heard from an old crusty dog. Any truth to it?

Latest resources

Back