• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The FLOPS axe is falling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
good luck guys, I wish everyone the best at flops, I count many of you as good friends and hate to see what has happened in the last years. I felt like I had to leave when all I could think about was light captains pay at year 5 and never actually upgrading. I hear about the little perks going away like most of the travel policy and think this has to be designed to reduce the workforce, u quit so they dont have to fire u and pay for it. The flex schedule and per diem/ buy your lunch scheme is going to be interesting. love to hear about the Blackberry code for lunch delay this summer!

The most telling thing I've heard about this on the road yet is hearing former TA guys moaning about how much they miss Ricci.

truth

WrknStff said:
The most telling thing I've heard about this on the road yet is hearing former TA guys moaning about how much they miss Ricci.

Many people hated Ricci for the seniority list revisions, etc., but one thing is for sure, he would have never cut the QOL things that M.S. is cutting today. Ricci was a pilot himself and at least understood our point of view.

If you want to air out your concerns, see J.S. in Room "N=Nancy 381".

That should say it all.

Conspiracy Theory

This is all to wear you guys down such that when Options is merged with NJA ... you guys will actually think its a good thing. They pushing you toward a Union so that when the merger comes you don't get stapled to the bottom. Getting rid of your fly from home ... well because NJA does not have fly from home.

And Raytheon cuts a deal to send 50 Horizons to NJA.

Just kidding ... Even I don't believe it ...

Several Flight Option Pilots have posted emotional letters on the FO Pilots web site. It is sad. It is sad that grown men, educated men, could not see that the train was on the tracks and gaining speed. The plight of other pilots has been overlooked until now. Other pilots have lost tier three already. But that was no big deal since it was only one guy here and there.

It is sad that these men still think that they can do something to derail the train. Gentlemen, the change in pilot life style that you are experiencing have been in the works for the past two years. No amount of impassioned letters will cause the leadership to change course. The changes to open domicile; loss of tier threes with loss of tier two waiting in the wings were a primary focus two years ago when Ricci was ushered out. Living where you want to live and traveling at company expense to work is going to go away eventually.

Remember, open domicile is unique to fractional aviation. Until RTA came along with the open domicile policy, pilots always went the job. The job did not come to them. RTA is gone and now with the NJA scheme of Regional Collection Airports and the demise of tier three airports at FO we see company management attempting to correct the anomaly of open domicile. Somewhere down the road, all fractional pilots can expect to shift to living where the company is head quartered or at one of very few crew base cities. It will not matter if the union fights it. Eventually, and painfully for the pilots, the company will win and you will move or quit. That you would rather live somewhere else is not a company concern. The prime objective of any company is to make a profit and provide a return to the investors.

longrangekiller said:
Several Flight Option Pilots have posted emotional letters on the FO Pilots web site. It is sad. It is sad that grown men, educated men, could not see that the train was on the tracks and gaining speed. The plight of other pilots has been overlooked until now. Other pilots have lost tier three already. But that was no big deal since it was only one guy here and there.

It is sad that these men still think that they can do something to derail the train. Gentlemen, the change in pilot life style that you are experiencing have been in the works for the past two years. No amount of impassioned letters will cause the leadership to change course. The changes to open domicile; loss of tier threes with loss of tier two waiting in the wings were a primary focus two years ago when Ricci was ushered out. Living where you want to live and traveling at company expense to work is going to go away eventually.

Remember, open domicile is unique to fractional aviation. Until RTA came along with the open domicile policy, pilots always went the job. The job did not come to them. RTA is gone and now with the NJA scheme of Regional Collection Airports and the demise of tier three airports at FO we see company management attempting to correct the anomaly of open domicile. Somewhere down the road, all fractional pilots can expect to shift to living where the company is head quartered or at one of very few crew base cities. It will not matter if the union fights it. Eventually, and painfully for the pilots, the company will win and you will move or quit. That you would rather live somewhere else is not a company concern. The prime objective of any company is to make a profit and provide a return to the investors.
Nice sermon dude, but you are a little off with the last paragraph. If all the pilots at NJA had to live at the company headquarters, the operation would come to a halt. You can't have 2100 NJA pilots, 250 NJI pilots, and who knows how many EJM pilots starting and ending their tours in CMH. There isn't enough airline service or ramp space for all the jets. It is a benefit to the company to have crew bases around the country, not the pilots. In case you didn't realize it, the T/A that was voted down by NJA did in fact open more bases than we have no, it was just too restrictive to vote yes. You will see more places for NJA pilots to fly from when a contract is completed or you will see this place shut down.

Long Range is right... I mean out of domocile is unigue to fractional airlines, that is why a lot of cargo and charter ops (Omni, Polar, Gemini, etc offer it?). And I suppose I shouldn't even try to rectify the Domocile situation and just sit on my hands as range has talking smack on some stupid message board. Fact is I do have a family to feed and the thought of moving them 8 hours away so that I can make low 30's is hideous. Don't have daddy to support me as others do! If it means kissing some company's a$$ to tread water till August then so be it.

Since we are talking the innevitable, what are you going to do in September when FLOPS folds up like a cheap suitcase? Multi Million in losses last year, The same the year before, how long do you think ol' mother raytheon is going to go before they let go of the rope? And you think I am crazy... Attrition alone will smoke this company by the end of summer...smell the smoke, there is a fire burning.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back