The Flexjet Netjets Rumor Mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

doylehargraves

Ok so, we are hearing that there was a LARGE purchase of 300's to Netjets. And, as we seem to do every 5 months, along with the recent layoffs this week, Flexjet has a potential buyer out there. I'm kind of sick of the Flexjet being sold theories but, it seems the timing on this one might hold some ground in light of this aircraft order.

Ok so, we are hearing that there was a LARGE purchase of 300's to Netjets. And, as we seem to do every 5 months, along with the recent layoffs this week, Flexjet has a potential buyer out there. I'm kind of sick of the Flexjet being sold theories but, it seems the timing on this one might hold some ground in light of this aircraft order.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that FR is riding into the sunset with another golden parachute, and all he had to do was trim the fat one last time before exiting stage left.

I will be extremely unhappy if the conference call is an explanation of a soft economy demanding layoffs. This was thrown together in a week out of pure panic for reasons yet to be revealed, and if the economy is the only reason then the next RIF needs to start from the top.

FR with a golden parachute?? Really? How about a golden shower?

Yeah if the mantra is going to be the economy, I'm not buying it. At what point is FR going to accept responsibility for SOMETHING. It's kind of like Obama still blaming Bush. Yeah, it was Bush's fault but, after 3.5 years, you have to take some responsibility. You can't always point the finger and never take blame.

When we laid off last time, FR had a "plan" to "move forward". Well, I guess that plan was a mistake so, what is going to be different this time? Sell the mothership off and fall into your million dollar tree house?

1- I sincerely doubt Berkshire (NJA) has any desire to buy Flexjet, Netjets has A LOT of $**t on their plate to be thinking adquisitions.. don't know who's starting those rumors Doley but they're coming from your side, not ours.

2-as for the 300s, haven't heard a word about that

I sincerely doubt we're being bought by NJ's. The way the latest RIF went down makes me wonder if we are being spun off from the mothership.

Whatever happens, one thing is certain: The pilots (at both companies) will be the last to find out!

Well, I wasn't thinking Netjets was buying us. What I meant was our layoff coupled with Bombardier completely spitting in our face on the sales of the 300 would mean "someone" is either buying us or like others think that we are breaking off from the mothership.

I've said all along that CS's change of plans and what may be happening at Flex could have something to do with whatever order NJA has planned(just a guess, no evidence or intel).... NJA is the largest buyer of corporate a/c, it is what it is concerning multi billion dollar orders vs. the amount that manufacturer owned fractionals make...I have no doubt that Sokol looked at the competition and said "wait a second, that doesn't make any sense. Our competition also supplies our product...?"

I think places like Cessna saw what happens when they don't have huge orders coming in. And I'm sure the cancelled 4000 orders from NJA didn't help Hawker Beech's bottom line. Maybe Bombardier see's the $$ signs??

Or it still could be as simple as the economy...This seems more likely to me.

Either way, $h!t is rolling downhill for a majority of the traditional fractionals.. NJA included..... Unless something is in the works that none of us can fathom, I don't see anyone prospering for atleast another 2 years at the very least.

Good luck to all affected and still involved in fractional flying.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back