• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Fat lady just sang!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeff, the DFR has not happen yet and will likely happen on APA's watch if they entertain a non-nic. list for AWA/AAA to go into AMR. The DFR is coming once anyone moves off the NIC. in this merger. Sorry for what you think is fair, but should a person on the street go ahead of a line holding captain to make up for one parties bad career?

So your saying that AOL's next strategy is to take legal action against APA?
Wow , I can't wait to see the lengths of those threads. Pretty sure that APA doesn't care one dime about the NIC - but now that Judge Silver has ruled that USAPA doesn't breach any law and the NIC will not be active in the SLI between US and AA - you guys will be donating to Marty for years to come.

I think it would be better to man up and say - let's get this SLI done as fast as we can - and maybe there wont be any fences around bases with narrow body - well then you can take what you get in the SLI and bid out - I will bet the West would make out ok - just not a lottery win like you thought you had.

Move on - it will be a better deal for all you AWFO ( spin on your AFO ) club members

Metrojet

That's not what Silver said at all. She said that USAPA's threatening to use a DOH list isn't a DFR. When they do, then she can rule on the effects. But they won't because APA won't let children use the sharp scissors. The Nic will be likely never be used for anything more than a way to order the non-APA side of the SLI, which when finished will resemble the NIC.

Call it Nic Jr.

If USAPA demands a DOH list for its side, or submits two lists which harms the west class, then the courts will intervene and stop the SLI process. That is something I am sure APA wants no part of.

Face it, USAPA couldn't make good on any promises and served no one but the porkers on the BPR.

Carl, you have a point about the DFR. However, 7-8 years and still no implemented SLI. A judge would not make a ruling and passed it along. It is a complex issue. I like AWA and it's former pilots. I have some friends there. The term "career expectations" is just a buzz word to screw fellow pilots. I think all pilots on a seniority list should be consider, regardless of furlough status. I do not feel a 2003 AWA hire ever had "career expectations" to be the most senior pilots to fly the biggest equipment at USAir and American, especial with the majority of the retirements coming from those two respective carriers. AWA former career expectations were to fly out of PHX or LAS on the A320 or B757. This industry is dynamic. It is always changing.

The best SLI in recent history was DAL/NWA.

Formula: DOH, relative percentile integration, fences. Also consider time to upgrade, present growth and retirements.

Probably the best post ever on this whole debacle.

Good luck and I hope you west guys have big pocket books if your going to go after APA if they accept a DOH list. You'll have a hard time showing damage to your career to any judge WRT any position that results from the American merger.

It would be like me starting a DFR against Us Air for allowing me to flow to mainline. My position now at mainline compared to if I would have stayed at Allegheny/PDT are worlds apart. Even considering I took nothing from my 99 DOH at Allegheny or have any credit by the company for MDA.

Your position no matter where on the American list is many times better than anything you could have realized if AWA had never "saved" Us Air or even remained independent. Like Us Air you probably would not be here if it wasn't for this debacle we all were tossed into since 2005.

Last edited:
No it's really not the best post ever written.
It's a good post written by a guy who's never read Nicolau's judgement- where he addresses every point made by the allegiant guy above

Jeff, the DFR has not happen yet and will likely happen on APA's watch if they entertain a non-nic. list for AWA/AAA to go into AMR. The DFR is coming once anyone moves off the NIC. in this merger. Sorry for what you think is fair, but should a person on the street go ahead of a line holding captain to make up for one parties bad career?

I suggest you take a look at the CAL-UAL merger. Times have changed.

Sure have your NIC, in PHX, somebody outside the West(East,AA) comes in, the NIC applies. It is after all what u brought to the merger. Keep your attrition and growth, upgrades. You want to go somewhere else LOS standards apply.

Sure have your NIC, in PHX, somebody outside the West(East,AA) comes in, the NIC applies. It is after all what u brought to the merger. Keep your attrition and growth, upgrades. You want to go somewhere else LOS standards apply.

What did you Easties bring to the merger? Parker bailed you out from almost certain liquidation.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well it seems we brought more to the merger than the west.

What's wrong Ginny? You upset that your your views didn't happen to fit into the scope of the law? Your assumptions were not affirmed, but rather rejected by a court of law? yes the judge said quite a few things within her final judgement.

The bottom line though is what she ordered. Can your quote that for us, and compare that to what you've been blasting the past few months?

Latest resources

Back