• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Fat lady just sang!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whoever said it is right . The only party that has won in this Olympics of the retards is the lawyers. Shameful.

Um, did someone forget a man named Doug Parker? He owes USAPA a huge debt of gratitude for financing the merger that makes them irrelevant. And then they jump up and down with glee at a signing bonus that gives them back fractions of pennies on the dollar.

Yep- to both posts above

Pilots= stupidest, most prideful, smart people you'll ever meet

My ignorance concerning where you DO work is exceeded only by your ignorance of what is going on here at USAirways.

Cheers

Good catch...ya got me that zinger....yeah it takes someone with a high level of intelligence to figure out that the Easties are intending to yet again impose their ill conceived ideas of what a fair integration is on yet another merger....
Which is clearly the biggest demonstration of buffoonery I have come to see.
Oh and if YOU are an easty supporting their cause then you too qualify as a buffoon.
buenes nacho

No DFR responsibility for the APA...

Best post you have ever made metro. Logical and without emotion.

The big question is what will APA and the company do once USAPA is gone.

The DFR liability is still there. It will be APA's to inherit. The judge by no means said USAPA can use DOH, and she also said it does not have to be the NIC.

What will the arbitrators decide this time? With No seat at the table for the East or the West this will be very interesting.

I doubt the APA will be liable for a previous DFR. ALPA was found guilty in the DFR in it's failure to represent the pilots of TWA. The APA does not have any liability in the DFR. It is entirely upon ALPA.

Both sides can be extreme in their views. However, the NIC Award and stapling furloughees was not fair. IMO. With older, stapled TWA pilots at AA and USAir pilots staples by AWA would in effect make the AWA pilots hired in the late 1990s - 2003 the most senior pilots that would be Captain on the largest of the wide bodies. This is a very simple overview. Being hired at a later date and younger is an advantage if given greater seniority in a merger/acquisition. This is especially true in the case of AA and USAir with all of the future retirements at those two respective carriers.

Hopefully a better solution can be found in a more expeditious manner.

Jeff, the DFR has not happen yet and will likely happen on APA's watch if they entertain a non-nic. list for AWA/AAA to go into AMR. The DFR is coming once anyone moves off the NIC. in this merger. Sorry for what you think is fair, but should a person on the street go ahead of a line holding captain to make up for one parties bad career?

Jeff, the DFR has not happen yet and will likely happen on APA's watch if they entertain a non-nic. list for AWA/AAA to go into AMR. The DFR is coming once anyone moves off the NIC. in this merger. Sorry for what you think is fair, but should a person on the street go ahead of a line holding captain to make up for one parties bad career?

Lol...Hic... Last call... :)

okay

Carl, you have a point about the DFR. However, 7-8 years and still no implemented SLI. A judge would not make a ruling and passed it along. It is a complex issue. I like AWA and it's former pilots. I have some friends there. The term "career expectations" is just a buzz word to screw fellow pilots. I think all pilots on a seniority list should be consider, regardless of furlough status. I do not feel a 2003 AWA hire ever had "career expectations" to be the most senior pilots to fly the biggest equipment at USAir and American, especial with the majority of the retirements coming from those two respective carriers. AWA former career expectations were to fly out of PHX or LAS on the A320 or B757. This industry is dynamic. It is always changing.

The best SLI in recent history was DAL/NWA.

Formula: DOH, relative percentile integration, fences. Also consider time to upgrade, present growth and retirements.

Latest resources

Back