Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The downward slide of....... crew meals.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you guys are a bunch of whiners.

for christ's sake, my airline has no food of any kind on board. if they gave us one bag of potato chips i would kiss the god damn ground.

some people will always find a reason to complain. blow it out your ass.

Jackbo-

Geez, don't get so worked up about it. Crew meals are one of the few plusses in our contract. They are meant to improve productivity. But it defeats the purpose when they are of poor quality or not suitable for the time of day. We have every right to complain when our contract is not being followed.

Well we have had the concept of crew meals explained to those of us who were not privy to them. But now I must ask ya'll what is this contract thing I have heard about a couple times in the last several posts? It sounds like it's a good thing!

What regionals have crew meals? My guess is pretty few. I like that some have the contract stipulation to give either time or food on days without time to eat. I'll suggest that for my companies next contract- should get a good laugh out of management, but maybe it will at least be something to bargain with or for later.

How do you start getting crew meals? First your Pilot group needs to grow some ballz......

The ol' Grey Haired Piedmont Pilots are the reason we have crew meals! Those guys threw there balls into the wind back in the day, and started parking airplanes to go and get food even if it meant delaying the flights more then 45min. After awhile the company realized it was cheaper to just get the crew meals then parking and delaying flights!

I'll sell you some growmaiballs for market price. Depends on the place of employment and size needed.

I'm with you on the peppers. I hate those dam CLT subs with a passion. LGA has the market cornered on crew meals. Send them out plain, and all the set up off the sandwich so you can outfit it the way you want.

BTW, leave you peppers for Surf. I watched him eat a jar of them the other day. I would imagine his FO had to suit up and communicate a few times that day....

PDT also loves to hand you $5 vouchers in place of a crew meal if it is an unscheduled meal. Used to be $8, but some cheap SOB decided to change it. They taste horrible, but high in fibre.

PSACP, once and for all. What's the value of the vouchers they hand you guys? We keep hearing you all get $10.

jtf said:
What regionals have crew meals?

ExpressJet

Breakfast
Served on domestic flights of one to two hours - a blueberry, carrot, or spice muffin and choice of juice, milk, or coffee. Domestic flights more two hours and most international flights - cereal with cold milk, banana, and muffin or bagel, cream cheese, jelly, and fruit bar with choice of coffee, juice, or other beverage.

Lunch
Served on most domestic flights more than 90 minutes and on most international flights from Houston to Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, and the Carribean, Cleveland and Newark flights to the Carribean, and Los Angeles to Mexico flights - choice of turkey, ham, or roast beef sandwich served with fresh baby carrots and chocolate candy and choice of beverage.

Snack
Served on some domestic and most international flights more than 90 minutes during non-meal hours. Consists of salami slices, crackers, garlic or ranch spread, fresh baby carrots or trail mix, chocolate turtle, and choice of beverage.

Dinner
Served on most domestic flights more than 90 minutes and on most international flights from Houston to Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, and the Carribean, Cleveland and Newark flights to the Carribean, and Los Angeles to Mexico flights - choice of large size turkey, ham, or roast beef sandwich served with fresh baby carrots and chocolate candy and choice of beverage.

Last edited:
Yea, I think its funny with the 5 dollar voucher.... What the hell can you buy in CLT for 5 bonez (I think with 5 dollars you can threw some cheeze on your burger). I had a long sit in CLT due to a cx round trip and I would have taken a 8 dollar voucher to sit at the airport. Well they said no can't do the 5 dollar vouchers, so I said send me to a day room. Most of the hotel were booked and they had to send me to a nice place. When I checked in I asked the counter lady what Piedmont (AKA US Airways) was paying for the room that I would occupy for only 2.5 hrs... She showed me a bill for 98.00 dollars. Hmmmmm, 8 dollar voucher... or 98 dollar room. Gotta love it...

Latest resources

Back