• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Poor style of your rep to be talking about this outside of the committees. I give your rep more credit (and class) than that.

Where did shootr get his information that the AAI MC rejected GK's offer? He posted it Thurs. night and then deleted it shortly thereafter. Does he have an ALPA rep in his pocket, did he hear it in confidence from an airtran buddy and then go post it on a public forum, or did it come from one of your own? I agree, bad form no matter what.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=142746&page=4

Last edited:
Where did you get that out of my post ? You're projecting again. You've
resorted to calling people names now ?

I have a great deal of respect for SWA. I always have. I think he'll do everything he can for you whilst trying to achieve the goal of a successful and speedy integration.

That doesn't sound like your average CEO.

Well put 2 & 2 together then. You have the chance to be integrated fairly. But it is your responsibility to recognize fair.

For the record "i" & "o" are right next to each other if "Dicki" is supposed to be worse than "dicko"-

Well put 2 & 2 together then. You have the chance to be integrated fairly. But it is your responsibility to recognize fair.

For the record "i" & "o" are right next to each other if "Dicki" is supposed to be worse than "dicko"-

Wave, we all have a responsibility to recognize what is fair if we're given the opportunity to vote.

I thought Dicki was your term of endearment.

Just to be clear, the only way we'll vote on it is if our MC's deem it worthy. I'm fine with that, my MC speaks for me.

Talking points

Yes they have an obligation (or duty) to fairly represent you. I would hope they give each and everyone of you an opportunity to decide your future, regardless of their opinion. Membership ratification is a very powerful tool.

To be fair, same goes for SWAPA and the SWAPA BOD. I would like an opportunity to vote on my future.

Just to be clear, anything else would be a cop-out.

Talking points

Yes they have an obligation (or duty) to fairly represent you. I would hope they give each and everyone of you an opportunity to decide your future, regardless of their opinion. Membership ratification is a very powerful tool.

To be fair, same goes for SWAPA and the SWAPA BOD. I would like an opportunity to vote on my future.

Just to be clear, anything else would be a cop-out.

Uh, that's the point, if thier opinion is that it's a good deal, we'll vote on it. If not, we won't. That's the point in having a merger/negotiating committee as opposed to all 7000 of us duking it out for position. Isn't it the same with you guys? Would your NC put out a proposal for a vote that in their opinion was not a good deal for you guys?

It's complicated Luv2BFlying but in general yes, our BOD would only put out a good deal UNLESS... they felt the deal was the "best" offer considering the complicated environment, ie. legal issues, company issues, and career implications but wasn't necessarily what they expected everyone to call "good" and then they would put it out with all the pros & cons and say "we need you to decide now how we move forward because this is too critical."

The problem I think you'll find is that AirTran expectations aren't realistic in many ways, and that is frankly the fault of ALPA who has spent 6 months promising things that won't ever be delivered, not by SWAPA, not by a law, not by a contract, not by an arbitrator, and most certainly not by Gary Kelly and SWA. Based on everything I know about my company, what makes it unique, is our company will not allow our existing pilots to suffer delayed upgrades and the accompanying loss in pay, along with slowed progression in QOL to insert acquired pilots ahead of them, pilots already getting in some cases 80% pay and benefit raises along with massively improved QOL in terms of days off, domicile selection, work rules and so on. They won't allow it, and they will do whatever it takes in the end to protect us.

Someday I hope to see AirTran pilots as SWA pilots because when that happens, SWA will protect them and care for them in the same way. I LUV my company because they treat us like family.

It's complicated Luv2BFlying but in general yes, our BOD would only put out a good deal UNLESS... they felt the deal was the "best" offer considering the complicated environment, ie. legal issues, company issues, and career implications but wasn't necessarily what they expected everyone to call "good" and then they would put it out with all the pros & cons and say "we need you to decide now how we move forward because this is too critical."

The problem I think you'll find is that AirTran expectations aren't realistic in many ways, and that is frankly the fault of ALPA who has spent 6 months promising things that won't ever be delivered, not by SWAPA, not by a law, not by a contract, not by an arbitrator, and most certainly not by Gary Kelly and SWA. Based on everything I know about my company, what makes it unique, is our company will not allow our existing pilots to suffer delayed upgrades and the accompanying loss in pay, along with slowed progression in QOL to insert acquired pilots ahead of them, pilots already getting in some cases 80% pay and benefit raises along with massively improved QOL in terms of days off, domicile selection, work rules and so on. They won't allow it, and they will do whatever it takes in the end to protect us.

Someday I hope to see AirTran pilots as SWA pilots because when that happens, SWA will protect them and care for them in the same way. I LUV my company because they treat us like family.
You flew saabs then "earned" your job at sw? LOLOLOL..........

Latest resources

Back