• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Cleveland Spin Machine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The lead instructor on the Lear 45 just quit with less than two weeks notice.

The lead instructor on the Lear 45 just quit with less than two weeks notice.
If you look around you'll see unprecedented change in the schoolhouse. Instructors are either leaving altogether or cashing in their chips for a marketable type rating with sure exits after some experience. Word on the line is they are up to their old shenanigans we're wherein management is asking for certain difficulties (or slides) to be presented to certain pilots and they're just tired of the moral gymnastics required to do the job.

Heard a rumor about a certain ACP about to come back to the line has been complaining about the same qualms but I'm sure it's too soon to see any evidence as the CYA mode is sure to be in full force. It is well known ALL of Flexjet's small remaining management contingent are actively looking for jobs but their lack of hours in marketable types is making it difficult. Why do I disclose this? Because these people deserve the exposure. They are actively screwing us while they prepare to exit dodge, all in the name of what's best for them.

When people who are close enough to the top to know how corrupt and/or inept the company truly is start talking with moves like we are seeing in the schoolhouse or office it's enough to make even the staunchest company man shiver.

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YET?

Don't forget the final steps of the MCBA process are over this next week. I've heard all 3 of our negotiating team members at Flex have had carpet dances in the past week. Surely that is not a coincidence.

So once again: ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YET?

"Don't forget the final steps of the MCBA process are over this next week. I've heard all 3 of our negotiating team members at Flex have had carpet dances in the past week. Surely that is not a coincidence.

So once again: ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YET? "

Intimidation tactics at work again! Just one of the many reasons we formed a Union. Unchecked, they would have every pilot doing a carpet dance. Waiting on the results. I wonder what the arbitrator thinks about these tactics? Eventually he will get tired of their games.

Last edited:
Meanwhile the TDOF (true douchebags of Flexjet reality series cast) is actively on the line stating if Red Label is invalidated by the MCBA then the company won't survive and we will all lose our jobs. They are trying to now portray themselves as the sacrificial savior of us all, especially the regular line folks, It's enough to make one vomit.

The real reality: there is no difference between red label and "blue" label except for the paycheck. We fly THE SAME planes, THE SAME customers, THE SAME regulations, with THE SAME level of professionalism.

One can only hope the arbritrator is smart enough to get past the dazzle I'm sure the company is slinging. That arbritrator needs to understand the management of this company is incapable, utterly incapable of playing fairly. If he makes any ruling that includes some level of trust or honor on management's part he has failed 600 pilots. Yes, 600 including Red Label pilots.

So they had representation for their carpet dances?

I don't know the details but I trust my sources.

Listen, not to get negative but weingarten representation means very little at this point for a Flexjet pilot. Sure it's a huge win that gets under uncles skin but with such extreme FOM differences there is no way for Flexjet pilots to be properly represented until the merge is complete. Look for the company to purposefully exploit that fact in an attempt to turn a string of losses into a "PR" success. That is why this MCBA can't come soon enough. I can guarantee you even without knowing the precise circumstances the carpet dances were far more about keeping a certain fear factor present among the pilot group then about any real issue.

Maybe somebody threw a little fear into the company and they are blaming the leadership on the Flex side.
Eventually, with the constant "beat downs", they are going to get a reaction. What do they expect "Thank you,Sir. May I have another"?

Last edited:
So now we can only get 2 out of 4 to show up for indoc class. My next question is what quality of pilots are we getting?

I know of at least 15 pilots who are hired and waiting on class dates at 121 carriers who will turn in their notice the day of their first rotation closest to their new gig.

121 carriers are hiring like crazy at every level. Everyone I know is looking to leave. Myself included at this point at this point even though it doesn't really fit with my plan. There's something to be said for quality of life over money and this place is a swirling pit.

So with all of these available jobs out there you really do have to wonder who would accept a job at flexjet right now. The quality just can't be very high. Yet another reason to get out of dodge.

I wonder if in 6 months when Ricci can't find qualified pilots to fly his planes if he will regret his actions. I sure hope the arbitrator is considering the long-term viability of this company in his award. A crappy award for pilots is a death nail for this company. Management just doesn't respect pilots enough to realize that fact.

Unfortunately, KR doesn't care if he will be able to attract qualified pilots or not. Look at how they handled the plane based in Chicago. They would pay for a qualified pilot so they had to hire a yound regional guy off the street to fill that position. Think he'll stay there? Nope. He'll build some PIC time and move on. He will always be able to attract pilots. Just not experienced pilots. Let's face it, this type of flying can be very technical with some of the destinations that we fly to. It'll take a fatal crash to reveal this flawed thinking. That will be the nail in the Flex coffin. He's stuck in the mindset of aviation 20 years ago. This is a very different playing field today. He will come to find this out eventually

Latest resources

Back