• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Cactus 18

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What leverage do you have that will compel the company to give you a "industry leading contract"?

Please give serious answer. Not fighting here. You say /said you are a "westie". Why are you against an industry leading contract? You work for the same airline. Sounds like you want to shoot yourself in the foot. What if USAPA got industry leading payscale (doubtful, but for sake of discussion). Would "westies" turn down that ta because they hate USAPA and east guys?

Please give serious answer. Not fighting here. You say /said you are a "westie". Why are you against an industry leading contract? You work for the same airline. Sounds like you want to shoot yourself in the foot. What if USAPA got industry leading payscale (doubtful, but for sake of discussion). Would "westies" turn down that ta because they hate USAPA and east guys?

In case you've been asleep for the last 5 years or so, it's not about the money. Many on the East won't take any contract if it includes the Nic, "industry leading" or not. And on the other side of the coin, many if not most on the west will not accept any contract with DOH. Now, if USAPA got us an industry leading contract that included the Nic, I'm guessing most of the west would be in favor of it.

In case you've been asleep for the last 5 years or so, it's not about the money. Many on the East won't take any contract if it includes the Nic, "industry leading" or not. And on the other side of the coin, many if not most on the west will not accept any contract with DOH. Now, if USAPA got us an industry leading contract that included the Nic, I'm guessing most of the west would be in favor of it.

Not sleeping. Everybody on property will be captains in a few years. Work together and get a nice contract. Move on.
By the way, it is about money. Why do you think it is DOH vs. NIC? Do you think it is about bases and equipment at s#@% payscale? I live in the east. You can keep PHX and the 320. I'll take the 330 in Philly if that is the case.

Last edited:
Sake of friendly discussion. What would Nic get West guys if it is not about money? Ability to fly a bigger plane? Those are east planes. The west hates the east and says they have nothing to offer the west. The east was saved by the west (according to the gospel of the west), so the east can keep what they have to bring to the table (larger planes/ Europe flying). West can stay out west. So, who cares about doh/nic? Sounds like you all want to stay out west and fly your own equipment. So...... why not jump on board for a great payscale? .........oh, you do want to come over to the east to fly the big stuff some day...

Last edited:
The West brought money to cover the Easts paychecks and NO furloughees. The East brought two Bankruptcies, no Money, and over 1800 UNEMPLOYED PILOTS. It's not about the money, it's about being furlough fodder and accepting the transfer of career cancer. Never happen. USAPA won't provide a SINGLE improvement to the lives of ANY of the US Air pilots. The West has the high ground, is legally defensible, and young enough to start over...Not a combo I'd screw with if I were an Eastie.

USAPA won't get an industry leading contract. Airline managements don't just hand those out to pilots out of the goodness of their hearts. Since USAPA has from the beginning told the west to pound sand, they have not built the unity required to distill anything close to an industry leading contract.

But that won't stop the east from jumping at any lousy contract, just so long as Section 22 is DOH. So let them. The voting results will be handy evidence of a DFR and a judge will step in and block the implementation of the contract. Back to where we are today.

Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond Affirms Dismissal Today the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, issued its ruling on USAPA's appeal of the dismissal of its lawsuit brought in 2008. USAPA filed the suit, alleging violations of the RICO Statute, against certain pilots who were alleged to be engaged in an overt attempt to deny all US Airways pilots their right to collectively bargain by attempting to destroy our union and performing other harmful and destructive acts to disrupt the union’s ability to perform its representational responsibilities. The appeals court today affirmed the dismissal. Attorneys for the Association are reviewing the ruling presently for potential next steps.

WTF? Reviewing the fact your lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice and affirmed by the 4th. You got your butts kicked, so I think an apology to the Innocent 18 is in order.

Latest resources

Back