The Boeing 737 vs. the Airbus A320

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

no1pilot2000

For those of you who are currently airline pilots or plan to be in the future, would you prefer the B737 or A320 aircraft?

For commercially riding on as a passenger after a long day, and you want to relax and watch the little tv screen in the spacious interior, the AIRBUS.

From a boeing guy, I love boeings, so from a day to day "flying the line" standpoint, you can't go wrong with a Boeing. Besides, the boeing is not known for breaking down as much as the airbus is.

For commercially riding on as a passenger after a long day, and you want to relax and watch the little tv screen in the spacious interior, the AIRBUS.

From a boeing guy, I love boeings, so from a day to day "flying the line" standpoint, you can't go wrong with a Boeing. Besides, the boeing is not known for breaking down as much as the airbus is.

This isn't a boeing v airbus reply, but a 737 v 320 reply.. the 737 (or 757 series) can't hold a candle to the 320 in regards to easy of use and automation. They aren't even in the same league.

They're generations apart.

This isn't a boeing v airbus reply, but a 737 v 320 reply.. the 737 (or 757 series) can't hold a candle to the 320 in regards to easy of use and automation. They aren't even in the same league.

They're generations apart.

How so? Can the Bus do a RNP approach down to .1?

Or HUD to 700rvr?

Yeh, this will draw them in, good going kid.

737 V 320

Don't have any time in the Boeing except the 300 sim, sorry SW didn't want me. I do have 1000 + hrs in the A320/319 and in my opinion its a dream to fly. Everything is automated and the plane auto trims. I would much perfer the autoland capabitily on a Cat C approach on the bus than a 700 although I would much perfer their paycheck. The absence of a yoke is nice and
perhaps someday I'll be able to verify that the tray wholes 140 lbs. Definitely the airbus is a lazy man's airplane. The hardess thing to do on the bus is the after start flow and I swear that if you fell out of your seat you will hit 4 of the 5 items on your way down.

How so? Can the Bus do a RNP approach down to .1?

Aircraft capability? To be honest, I'm not sure, but I believe that both aircraft are equally capable in regards to RNP approaches, CAT III approaches, etc... but the amount of automation and systems integration into the airbus platform is lightyears ahead of the 737 series aircraft... now please, I'm not trying to debate which airframe is better, which one is easier to land, gets better economics, last longer under warranty, etc.. i'm talking about plopping your arse down into a seat and doing a job, the airbus is well ahead of the 737 generation a/c (757/767 as well)...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back