• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The best way to get 250 hrs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
250 hours and a commercial ticket? That's easy.

Just go see your Army recruiter. 18 months from now you could have OVER 250 hours, AND a commercial and instrument certificate.

Oh....you wanted an AIRPLANE commercial?

Never mind.

You could work as lineman at the local fbo (make contacts)

Hookup with someone who does angel flights, ride along

The flight school were i teach, has a person who sits at the desk a few days a week in trade for flight time.

wash planes

steal a plane

get a large school loan

If your still in high school see if there is a charter magnet school around that provides flight training (they do exist)

Good luck

dont give up!

heavy_d said:
I just finished my instrument and need about 130 more hours to get my commercial. I'm only 18, so I don't have much money. Are there any other ways to build hours other than flying safety for people?
where do you live? i'm in the same boat. get my instrument on thursday (hopefully). i'm gonna time build w/ 3 others, i think

You can always buy a cheap ticket on Southwest... Take a window seat and say "clear left" and "clear right"... Log it as safety pilot.

Do the regs actually say you have to be at a flight station to log time????:rolleyes:

Almerick07 said:
part 141, you only need 190hrs
yeah, but how much of that is dual? a LOT! it comes out cheaper not to do it part 141. i've already done the math for my own situation.

chperplt said:
You can always buy a cheap ticket on Southwest... Take a window seat and say "clear left" and "clear right"... Log it as safety pilot.

Do the regs actually say you have to be at a flight station to log time????:rolleyes:

Maybe that might work if I could get a 737 type with 130 hrs. and convince the co-pilot to switch seats with me.

Latest resources

Back