Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

heavy_d

Wish I were flying
I just finished my instrument and need about 130 more hours to get my commercial. I'm only 18, so I don't have much money. Are there any other ways to build hours other than flying safety for people?

if you can see it, log it.

j/k

i cant think of any

Get your ground instructor certificate(s) and teach ground schools for the local FBOs in exchange for hours.

Clean planes for hours.

-mini

Do like I did and get a part time job working at a shop helping out with 100 hour and annual inspections. The knowledge you will learn is extremely beneficial plus there are usually possibilities to ferry aircraft.

Also you will meet a lot of owners who just might be looking for someone to fly with them on trips or whatever. Also if you get your CFI, you will know a lot of owners who will need flight reviews or IPCs.

good luck

au

Just a few ideas that come to mind>

1) Network
2) Network
3) Network
4) Network
5) Network
6) Network
7) Network
8) Network
9) Network
10) Network
11) And finally, "network", probably one of the biggest single most important things that a low timer can do to obtain the time, contacts, references, future stepping stones, etc.

chperplt said:

What do you think about networking?:D

I miss those early on networking days:D)

How is the 80 treating you?. Probably glad those commuting days into the buckeye state are over. Seems like the growth potential (equipment), shorter upgrade times should all play in your favor. Glad you got the gig....

3 5 0

350DRIVER said:
Dr. DeBakey is chancellor emeritus of the Baylor College of Medicine

Besides chancellor emeritus of Baylor, who is Dr. DeBakey? Your hero? Friend? Ride? What??

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

JediNein said:

Besides chancellor emeritus of Baylor, who is Dr. DeBakey? Your hero? Friend? Ride? What??

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Who is Dr. DeBakey?. He is an internationally recognized and respected physician and surgeon, noted for his pioneering work in the field of cardiovascular surgery, as well as for his innovative research into this and other fields of medicine. He is credited with inventing and perfecting scores of medical devices, techniques and procedures which have led to healthy hearts and productive lives for millions throughout the world. Dacron arteries, arterial bypass operations, artificial hearts, heart pumps and heart transplants to name a few. A web search could probably give you more detail should you have aquired the "thirst" for more information

Hero?. nawww... I really have none that I can recall but with age supposedly comes memory loss so I am not really sure I can honestly answer that with regards to whether or not I had "any" in my younger years since the memory seems to only go back so far present day.

Friend?. Some would call it that, I have met him on numerous occasions, functions, charity benefits, etc. Is he a close friend?. I would have to say no.

Ride?. I never knew he was in the automobile industry, hell, I guess I learn something new every day.:p

What?. What is What?.

3 5 0

You fly SAFE too!

Latest resources

Back