• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Best Plane for 10M.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Stageiii is still a pipe dream, as it's gone through a re-design, and if I recall, the only one flying is the mule. It might be an option, but not for a while.

On the other hand, QTA I think has modified 50 airplanes or so. This would seem your only option right now if you need to hush a G.

As far as EU, I haven't seen anything specifically baring aircraft hushed to meet the requirment, but you never know....a quick call to NBAA will answwer that.

It is my understanding that the Europeans consider an aircraft according to how it came from the factory. The hush kits may not be acceptable. The one thing you have to watch for is the 25 year old aircraft rule. I'm not sure how many European countries are enforcing that yet.

The one thing you have to watch for is the 25 year old aircraft rule. I'm not sure how many European countries are enforcing that yet.

Yeah, that could be a real ouch, as in 'got ya'!

Of course some people believe that the reason that rule in in force is pure protectionism to force old Boeings out the sky for new Airbuses.

Some people that is, not me.

(In a pigs eye I don't. :p )

I flew the 65 at one time and no way would I attempt it, but it was a great airplane.

OUr 65 model did Hawaii on a routine basis with the previous owner....however that's something I don't know if I'd try.

Not to hijack the thread but the 65 is GREAT airplane. We've updated all avionics and it's really hard to beat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not wanting to fly them forever but it's a great pilot's airplane.

OUr 65 model did Hawaii on a routine basis with the previous owner....however that's something I don't know if I'd try.

Not to hijack the thread but the 65 is GREAT airplane. We've updated all avionics and it's really hard to beat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not wanting to fly them forever but it's a great pilot's airplane.

I put a bunch of time in the 65 and ours had updated avionics etc also. With the exception of the 40 that I also flew it was a great fun plane to fly.

The guy I flew for at the time wanted to do Hawaii and we ran the numbers and reran the numbers. That was 2 years ago so my specifics may be off but I think the max headwind component you could do it with was 50 kts and arrive with about 1200 lbs fo fuel, way to close for me. Now I did plenty of 2000nm legs but with ground under us not all water.

So, the new Hawker 900XP is supposed to have 2950NM. A new one could likely be had in the 15M ballpark. Anyone think that would make a decent Hawaii airplane?

That SN# 431 was a good airplane. It is an AC aircraft thus desirable. The hush kits were put on to due Naples,Fl.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back