Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotviolin

God, your sky is so big;
Starting to do some research on airplanes with a budget around 10M. What gives you the best bang for the buck. We need to make Hawaii and hold a big group of people.

Let be realistic. We need something that has low operating costs (no GII's or III's). The only plane so far I can think of is a 601-1A/3A/R. Any thoughts? How about putting in a new glass cockpit (Proline 21, EPIC, Universal) in one?
Thanks

How about a used Falcon 50 or even a Jetstar? Sure, a Jetstar uses a lot of gas, but the upfront savings of $2-3 million vs. a comparable aircraft will pay for a lot of gas......

Our Falcon 2000 has 794 Hours, and 834 Landings in five years. Used regularly to fly within the state of Texas. Not that unusual to see this in the corporate world.

Makes my suitcase very small relative to the size of the airplane!

How about a used Falcon 50 or even a Jetstar? Sure, a Jetstar uses a lot of gas, but the upfront savings of $2-3 million vs. a comparable aircraft will pay for a lot of gas......

Ill agree about the Falcon 50 part. But the only thing a jetstar is good for is........ Well I cant think of anything...

I doubt the Hawker is a good Hawaii airplane, and I am not good to look at a jetstar. Falcon 50 has great range but small cabin.
I would really like to hear what some Challenger operaters think. There are a few that have 12 pax interiors. Is there are great payload vs. range penalty? Thanks.

Starting to do some research on airplanes with a budget around 10M. What gives you the best bang for the buck. We need to make Hawaii and hold a big group of people.

Let be realistic. We need something that has low operating costs (no GII's or III's). The only plane so far I can think of is a 601-1A/3A/R. Any thoughts? How about putting in a new glass cockpit (Proline 21, EPIC, Universal) in one?
Thanks

Plenty of good CL airframes out there...and Universal has some great panel retrofits for those birds.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back