• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Best and Worse Regional Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IN and OUT rocks, i need a double double animal style! any one hear of 5 GUYS? Its coming to the US Air terminal in DCA and can hold its own against In and OUT any day.

5 Guys? Didn't that chain start in San Francisco?

Best airlines to work for:

Great Lakes
Mesa
Colgan
Skyway

Worst Airlines to work for:

Fedex
UPS
SWA
Jetblue
Airtran
Having fun with your GUMPS checks, and living the dream at 3500ft. Always trust a CFI for airline stuff, cmon, he went to a career fair.

My initial thought is that this is more bait for a classic Flightinfo thread; however, I'll be the first to take the serious bite.

AWAC because we don't have much to complain about (compared to most regionals). If you disagree, how often and how many AWAC threads do you see on this forum and others b!&ching about something?

GoJets...need I say more? Those choads actually think their betrayal of fellow pilots will not slow their career.

Mesa is a not-too-distant second in the worst category.

I seem to remember not too long ago, AWAC getting bent over by UAL and paying 125 milion or so take get flying at US Air. If all of us paid to secure our flying then it would be diffrent, but hey who's perfect right?. And didn't that 125 million partly come from your concessions taken around 2003 or so? Just curious. So the moral of the comment is who cares, it all rotates around the block every year. One year your the place to be and a few years later you are just another regional getting handled. Just look at us at Mesaba, great ariline, or atleast it used to be. We didnt even get kissed or asked out, we just got strapped down and handled. And wait till next week, then we will see how much we are going to give up.

5 guys Burger & Fries rocks, it could be a distant 2nd or 3rd behind INO. There is one RIC

Last edited:
Wow, the thought of Whataburger vs. In-N-Out is almost incomprehensible. Thank god you never have to choose between the two. The only way I sleep at night is knowing when I'm on the West Side=Double Double, and when Im rollin South side=Bacon & Cheese Whatameal.

Chuck Norris once saw a bear. That bear was so scared that it fled into the arctic. Today, all the descendants of that bear have white fur.

Chuck Norris once came upon a dying deer. He resuscitated it and then quickly killed it with a roundhouse just to prove that Chuck Norris giveth and Chuck Norris taketh away.

What is the Best Regional Airline to fly for and why?

What is the Worst Regional Airline to fly for and why?

It's a moot question. Today's best is tomorrow's worst. I offer Piedmont, Mesaba, and Chautauqua and AWAC as examples.

Piedmont: Mid '90's: Dash 8's, good pay, good contract, long upgrade. Then came Steve Wolf. No RJ's, concessions, no growth, longer upgrades.

Mesaba: 95-98: Growing like crazy, AVRO's, fast upgrades. 2005: bankruptcy, concessions, AVRO's gone, furloughs

Chautauqua: Mid '90's: podunk J31 and SF3 operator. 2005: Over 100 RJ's and EJets with decent pay/contract, short upgrade, lots of flying partners, good financials. Enjoy it while it lasts.

AWAC: 1990: Best in the business. 1993: Furloughs, concessions, 15 year upgrades, 2001: Industry leading contract, lots of growth, quick upgrades.
2005: Concessions, no growth, 146's gone, bases re-aligned. Just another regional.

Then of course there are some airlines that have always sucked: Mesa, TSA

My initial thought is that this is more bait for a classic Flightinfo thread; however, I'll be the first to take the serious bite.

AWAC because we don't have much to complain about (compared to most regionals). If you disagree, how often and how many AWAC threads do you see on this forum and others b!&ching about something?

GoJets...need I say more? Those choads actually think their betrayal of fellow pilots will not slow their career.

Mesa is a not-too-distant second in the worst category.

Believe me it WON'T slow down their career...if anything, it would help it as they are already working for airlines and logging 121 turbine time!

Employment law would prohibit anyone from discriminating against those who flew for GoJet, etc. Of course if you or someone like yourself finds herself interviewing a previous GoJetter, you’d be able to discriminate against, let say, one or two times before your own job would be in question for discrimination and using your personal bias in lieu of the company’s established ‘hire’ rules based on law defined in by US Dept. of Labor and million other laws.

On the other hand, I know what you’re implying…how would someone from GoJet would be treated…well, once hired, and flying with another pilot, if this GoJet pilot has any exposure to CRM, she/he would be able to assert themselves and you’d find yourself heading back to training for a doze in CRM with a letter in your file.

Get over it, boys and girls!

Funny…it’s seems like SkyWest has been consistently voted as the best regional airline over and over, and they are non-union. Isn’t that the very core issue with you unionized girls and boys…isn’t it?

Look up the work ‘IRONY’ in dictionary.

By they way…define the word ‘choads’ for us…and if it’s not an English word/term, then please don’t use it here. Thanks!

Bunny

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back