• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The bell tolls for AA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW, more than 50% of these pilot groups list's understand this, so that sort of event will more than likely include work actions. If these regional pilots want to do it they are going on a scab list. Probably not the deterent it once was, but we'll see...

No it's not, because people like you throw it around at the drop of a hat...are you actually serious??

I think Ch11 in this financial environment will be different. There is not a lot of banks willing to risk business loans to good creditors let alone bankrupt ones...

Chapter 11 is very dangerous now. It is not the same as when Delta did it. The company must now convince their creditors that they can make more money as a business than creditors can get from selling assets.

Take a look at what happened with the Borders Bookstore bankruptcy. They tried to salvage the company by selling unprofitable stores and still couldn't make it work.

A likely scenario would be creditors liquidating 777/738's and using the remaining cash balance to cover unsecured assets as much as possible.

Looking at AMR's numbers:

Balance sheet:

$4B in cash
$11B in debt
Book value per share a negative $14.40

Income:

EPS is negative at -$2.93

Price to book: N/A

Lots of bad numbers here.

FWIW, more than 50% of these pilot groups list's understand this, so that sort of event will more than likely include work actions. If these regional pilots want to do it they are going on a scab list. Probably not the deterent it once was, but we'll see...

The only way anyone will be put on a scab list is if they cross a picket line during a strike and that's the way it should remain. Anything else is just diluting the definition of the word and none of us needs that. Ironically, you say that the idea of being listed as a scab is probably not the deterrent it once was, but watering down the definition is one of the very things that makes it less effective.

Last edited:
Yeah. I know a lot of guys don't like to see the scab word thrown around these days. It's starting to hit pretty close to home.

Have any of you actually looked a the definition of the word? Do you think the narrow and convenient way we apply the term to behavior in aviation is correct?

APA or CAL/UAL ALPA turns into a work action? This will get messy...

Lets pretend APA accepts and ratifies whatever proposal AA puts on the table. AMR still has to go through the entire process with the TWU and APFA. If anyone was willing to go on strike I bet it would be the FAs. Getting a contract with APA doesnt mean they are out of the woods yet.

Yeah. I know a lot of guys don't like to see the scab word thrown around these days. It's starting to hit pretty close to home.

Have any of you actually looked a the definition of the word? Do you think the narrow and convenient way we apply the term to behavior in aviation is correct?

APA or CAL/UAL ALPA turns into a work action? This will get messy...

Am I missing something? I really do not understand who or what you want to call a scab. AA, UAL , DAL Allowed scope. What are you upset about? Mgt. would just be doing what was given to them. Hell GL/OY6 think scope is great, it allows the RJ to fly where they do not want to go.

This is not flame bait, I am just very confused as to why you would call a Regional guy a scab?

Latest resources

Back