• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Avros are gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes it certainly does. I dont understand how someone can get on here and be so negative and preach to all us and be so critical when an individual has be so selfish and self serving in the past. I mean telling a probationary FO to go to his room and wait to hear from him and then call the CP on him? Come on. How can you even take anything that individual says into mind without wondering if that individual is a sell out like they have proven so many times before. Probally the same reason that an individual runs their mouth so much during the last contract session. They have nothing else in life to do. They are miserable because the blew other airlinne interivews ie NW and UAL, and now they see the writing on the wall. I dont know maybe I have it all wrong.

DetoXJ said:
Towelie said:
Oh, ... the times change but never your "as long as I get mine" attitude.

P.S. "YOU'RE WRONG !!!"

DTW RB? Not me. Not even DTW based. DetoXJ refers to Detox, not Detroit. Guess again.

I stand by my original statement. Everyone knows who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not the same guy that got the prob F.O. fired cause he thought it might have been a little under 12 hours and he saw him with a glass of wine?

xjlifer said:
This is not the same guy that got the prob F.O. fired cause he thought it might have been a little under 12 hours and he saw him with a glass of wine?

Try 10 hours and still going strong. The crew did a fine job getting themselves fired. If you really want to know what went down any Chief Pilot will set the record straight for you.

Regarding the alcohol incidents...

There were two alcohol incidents last year. One on the Saab and one on the Avro.

This statement refers to the Saab crew (though I don't know if I'd trust a story coming from a chief pilot):
"Try 10 hours and still going strong. The crew did a fine job getting themselves fired. If you really want to know what went down any Chief Pilot will set the record straight for you."

This statement refers to the Avro crew (except it was a beer):
"This is not the same guy that got the prob F.O. fired cause he thought it might have been a little under 12 hours and he saw him with a glass of wine?"

Whoop Whoop said:
There were two alcohol incidents last year. One on the Saab and one on the Avro.

This statement refers to the Saab crew (though I don't know if I'd trust a story coming from a chief pilot):
"Try 10 hours and still going strong. The crew did a fine job getting themselves fired. If you really want to know what went down any Chief Pilot will set the record straight for you."

This statement refers to the Avro crew (except it was a beer):
"This is not the same guy that got the prob F.O. fired cause he thought it might have been a little under 12 hours and he saw him with a glass of wine?"

"Try 10 hours and still going strong, The crew did a fine job getting themselves fired. If you really want to know what went down any Chief Pilot will set the record straight for you" refers to the Avro crew. The Avro crew wasn't just sipping a glass of wine "a little under 12 hours".

gnx99 said:
Did you see the new Air Wisconsin contract? 2nd Year FO: $34.86. Mesaba wants to give me less than $24.50!!

Get a job with AWAC then.

pilot4nwa said:
"Try 10 hours and still going strong, The crew did a fine job getting themselves fired. If you really want to know what went down any Chief Pilot will set the record straight for you" refers to the Avro crew. The Avro crew wasn't just sipping a glass of wine "a little under 12 hours".

pilot4nwa: I guess we'll have to agree to disagree (like I said, it was beer, first of all). Secondly, I personally know more than one of the individual's involved and it was less than 12 hours, but more than 11 hours. They made an honest mistake by looking at their pairing show time for day 3, not day 2, hence the problem. Those involved that are no longer with the company are truly the type of people that you would like to fly with, not "rebels" trying to work the system.

Even if it was 10 hours and they were still going strong, who cares. Feds say 8 hours. I know the Mesaba FOM says 12. Our Cheif Pilots violate that book everyday and advise pilots to violate it when it affects the operation negatively. I know this of personal experience and had to set one straight myself. Scheduling actually had to set him straight for me as I never heard from him again.

Everyone knows who rated that FO and FA's out. Everyone knows that that individual can not be trusted farther than he can be thrown. (Not far, he's kinda soft.) Whether or not he is DetoXJ, I don't know or care. Regardless, his integrity is suspect at best.

Anyone that would rat out a crew member for what he did is a flake. If you have any suspicion your crew member is unsafe to fly you tell them.."call in sick cause I will not fly with you"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back