• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The actual ASA PBS LOA is out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, I'm for most of it... up until the four am ready reserve. Unfortunately, as a reserve for life guy, this will have the largest impact on my quality of life (think 6 times a month). I'm sorry, I can't get up at 2:15am to catch a 3:20am bus, I'll never recover and get my circadian rhythm back in line. This just turned me into a no vote, and I've been for it all along.

FYI--They can now assign RR 24 hours a day. This looks like an improvement.

They don't assign RR at 4 am now, it is doubtful that they will start!

With PBS--90% or more of the pilots within a position will have a regular line.

Reserve coverage will be around 10% or less, according to friends at other airlines with PBS. The primary assignments for Reserves in the future will be for sick calls and IROPS, which is why less Reserves will be needed. Since there will be no conflicts, as with line bidding, more lines can be built during the intitial line bidding process. After the inititial line bidding process, there will be very little if any open time! Guys who build their lines to high credit value in the line completion and initial opentime process under our current line bidding process and subsequent process, will not have the opportunity to do that with PBS--there will be NO or VERY LITTLE Open Time.

PBS is a tool that can be used as a leveling of time process. Most pilots will hold lines that will average about the same number of hours. Today--that will be around 75 hours or less because we are overstaffed. The only way to build your time up will be to pick up time from other pilots--good luck!

Am I the only one that think it’s ironic how many of the people supporting this LOA have an avatar or quote concerning Obama or his healthcare bill. The similarities between this LOA and the “public option” are uncanny.

First you have to have the vague catch phrase such as “Change or Growth”. No strong details will be offered so that you can jump to your own conclusions and it will be your fault when it doesn’t happen.
Then they both were constructed under secretive closed doors and pushed through in an expeditious manner. They both are long and filled with additives in order to buy votes and distract from the real issue. Finally, they both favor the less working minority at the expense of the harder working majority.

You need to get a life...or a hand job!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back