• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The actual ASA PBS LOA is out.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do captains really need a no fly list? Why not just tell the FO "Put me on your no fly list" or do the professional thing and talk to that FO? Are there that many FOs at ASA that captains want to avoid flying with? If the answer is yes, why isn't Pro Standards a lot busier?

Do captains really need a no fly list? Why not just tell the FO "Put me on your no fly list" or do the professional thing and talk to that FO? Are there that many FOs at ASA that captains want to avoid flying with? If the answer is yes, why isn't Pro Standards a lot busier?

The reason there's no Captain no-fly list is that Captain bid runs are conducted first. So, at the time the Captain schedules are complete, all the FO positions would be blank.

Then, the FO positions are completed, and it's easy to avoid a pairing with a particular Captain, if that's what somebody wants.

If a Captain is serious about not wanting to fly with a particular FO, the Captain is probably not doing their job correctly. I agree that there are better ways to handle it.s

Big Poppa,

Nicely Done!

I would have thought the good list should be longer than the bad list?

Possibility of 4AM RRR is a dealbreaker. Earliest RRR period must be mandated to, earliest, 6AM. We haven't seen 4AM RRR yet, but if we've learned anything at all from the past, once we pass this thing, that's when we'll start seeing it.

Possibility of 4AM RRR is a dealbreaker. Earliest RRR period must be mandated to, earliest, 6AM. We haven't seen 4AM RRR yet, but if we've learned anything at all from the past, once we pass this thing, that's when we'll start seeing it.

It sounds like the Reserve section is similar to what we have at XJT, bidding on call out times. As far as Ready Reserve, we have language that states the first Ready Reserve will start no earlier than the first scheduled flight that day.

I haven't read it yet, but some things that came to mind...

Current furlough runs out at 4 years, 5 is an improvement.

Coming from a guy was on reserve for a while...

4 am RR won't happen, wasting 2 hous of availability. As a side note if you were assigned it and got on the 4am bus no one would really care.

RR is in exchange for the 12 hour call out and is intended to cover a round trip until a short call guy can be brought in. In the 1.5 years I was on reserve my RR got turned into an overnight once. Not a real big deal to me. They currently use some standard, (1 700 and 3 200 crews I believe) unless there is forecast wx. RR is the trade off for long call. I'll take it. They now can't effectively remove an off day for the PM reserves, which for me seemed like the biggest hang up in the RR system.

I don't care what I do at the airport on a RR assignment. If there is a pressing issue like taxes on my laptop or a huge game on TV I'd rather Taxi than sit in a broken recliner. I thinki we are nit picking a little here.

I do agree that it would be nice for reserve guys to bid on some open trips. I believe at SkyWest they can pick up on off days and get paid above garuntee. Or allow reserves to request trips up to 48 hours if a line holder doesn't pick them up. That would be a decent deal.

I think some of Papa's points are valid, others are moot, others are in the current contract and we just don't realize it. Read it and attend a road show. Don't be a single issue voter, look at the whole package.

Reserve guys should be able to pick up trips on days off. And if you work in a day off it should automatically go above guarantee (for both line holders and reserve) This is the only way they can reasonably get above 75 hours. However, reserves picking up trips inside 48 hours is a bad idea. It bypasses the reserve bucket system, and would cause the more senior reserve pilots to always pick up trips, and the junior pilots getting stuck with garbage all the time. The bucket system is at least fair.

4AM Ready Reserve is a joke. I can see them using it...maybe for an MAF or a reposition. Then you can show up and sit for 3 hours while they finish the paperwork.

Last edited:
It's been at 28.5 in 7 scheduled or rescheduled since the last contract was signed. Maybe you should read it.

Why can't we lift the 27.5 7 day limit. Why don't we go to 29.5 or even right to 30. The days of serious overblock are gone since the 5th runway was added. Its near impossible to pick up stuff when were limited to 27.5 hours in 7 days for some arbitrary reason.

We still have pilots on furlough. But I'm sure you know this already. What's next, 100 hr. lines...geez!

We still have pilots on furlough. But I'm sure you know this already. What's next, 100 hr. lines...geez!

Agreed...however some of us are displaced and have already lost 40% of our income, and are struggling to make ends meet. Its funny, when they displaced captains in September, the 700 was short, and the company offered premium pay to pick up trips. Plenty of captains picked up work, and I didn't hear anyone say anything about it.

If I was still a captain, I wouldn't pick up a thing. Anyway its a moot point anyway, it was fixed, reference 13.U.1.c

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back