• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Accidental CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wheels up would not exist today if Hansell was not at the helm.
More market share lost due to his complete lack of experience.

Good point. 13 of the top 15 people at Wheels Up are former NetJets.

In fact, Jordan has driven away huge amounts of talent and expertise, all of which have simply moved over to our competitors and are now helping them level the playing field with NJ.

A couple years ago in another brilliant move, NJ told all of the subject matter experts, many of which had 20-30 years of experience in their field, that they had to move to Columbus or lose their jobs. Many chose to quit, and just took their skills and knowledge to our competitors.

Then, to compound matters and make things worse, NJ is backfilling openings with mini-me lawyers who don't know one end of the airplane from another. But because they are lawyers, in Jordan's eyes they are eminently qualified.

Did somebody lose their management position? :confused:

Lose their job, quit under duress, or walk away simply because they don't like where the company is headed....it all has the same end result - we lose years of knowledge and expertise to the competition.

Just look at the new managers over the various departments in the last two years -

EJM
Procurement
Safety
Risk Management
Fuel
Crew Scheduling
Hotels
Catering
Maintenance

Also look around at all the new faces in the flight center (why do they need to hire 50+ people at one time?)

Take a look at the number of job postings for NJ on Glassdoor and Monster and realize that is just half of the actual number of open positions.

Recruiters in Columbus used to be inundated with people asking them how to get into NJ, now they are busy with people trying to leave NJ.

Last edited:
Coming back from the Dark Side of THE FORCE?

Much like politics, you never want to vote a straight ticket along party lines.

I have not converted and believe that unions are the solution. Nor do I believe that managers have been ordained by God and are infallible.

Both sides make mistakes.

I've seen a lot of union leaders over the years who were only interested in bettering themselves rather than their fellow employees.

Nine years ago I thought that the criticism being heaped on Santulli was unwarranted and I disagreed with everyone on this board who was piling on. He was a good CEO and actually tried to take care of his people and produce an excellent product. Has anyone ever seen a severance package as generous as the one he offered to all employees in 2009?

Now the tables have turned. We have a CEO who has doesn't care about the business, only keeping the numbers up so he looks good to Warren. The problem is that he is cutting a lot of corners and doing material harm to the business in his short sighted efforts to meet the numbers. My concern is that these actions are harming the brand and NetJets long term prospects.

Let's not forget the delay in recalling furloughed pilots to the point that airplanes were sitting uncrewed while demand was skyrocketing going into the busy season. Result - hundreds of apology letters sent off to pissed off customers.

Let's not forget the delay in recalling furloughed pilots to the point that airplanes were sitting uncrewed while demand was skyrocketing going into the busy season. Result - hundreds of apology letters sent off to pissed off customers.

How else would expect the threat of stopping recalls to work?

Or the 'accept this crappy deal and we'll recall everyone" offer?

:laugh:

Sort of like Sokol's "we'll have to furlough pilots unless you agree to allow us to sell off more flights". Uh, how does that logic work, exactly?

Latest resources

Back