• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"The 27" at Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, take a look at it. The work rules suck compared to recent ALPA regional agreements.

Could you elaborate? I somehow doubt it.

Here's a hypothetical that will illuminate your very obvious biases for us:

Would you rather have someone represented by the IBT or not at all?

Horizon, UPS, NetJets, SWA, and APA are four examples of great contracts not negotiated by ALPA.

I don't disagree with your statement, however, I think the American pilots would disagree with your characterization of their contract as "great".

Noted, SweptBack. I'll tone it down and say they are examples of Good Contracts

That is exactly what Colgan DOES NOT HAVE. Thus the requirement of a union.

Now go suck off your CEO.
We can always make the argument that todays Colgan pilots knew what they were getting into when they applied there.
It's no secret that the Colgan abuse their pilots. But hey, it's good enough to apply and go work there. But all the of the sudden, now we're going to piss and moan that we're being abused.

I applied there. The half retarded drunken monkey in the HR department couldn't get her act together, and sent my plane ticket to 2 wrong locations. First she sent it to Chicago to my parents house....when I was living in Lake Havasu, AZ and then she sent it to some guy with the same last name in PHX.

We can always make the argument that todays Colgan pilots knew what they were getting into when they applied there.
It's no secret that the Colgan abuse their pilots. But hey, it's good enough to apply and go work there. But all the of the sudden, now we're going to piss and moan that we're being abused.

I applied there. The half retarded drunken monkey in the HR department couldn't get her act together, and sent my plane ticket to 2 wrong locations. First she sent it to Chicago to my parents house....when I was living in Lake Havasu, AZ and then she sent it to some guy with the same last name in PHX.

That is kinda harsh!!! The gal in HR is the only bright spot in that hiring flea circus:laugh:

That is kinda harsh!!! The gal in HR is the only bright spot in that hiring flea circus:laugh:
This was a couple of years ago.
I really wanted to go to Colgan because this is when the rumors of a Chicago base were floating around, plus I like the Saab.
But her constant incompetence of getting me a ticket for an interview made me think that the rest of the airline was just as messed up.
I have friends who interviewed there and said that the Colgans we're complete pricks through out the whole process. Including one Colgan starting the interview, getting bored and just walking out in the middle, leaving the applicant with the HR rep to finish off the questions. He was offered the job, but chose another airline.
If you can't see this crap during the application and interviewing procress, maybe you deserve to be abused while working for them.

This was a couple of years ago.
I really wanted to go to Colgan because this is when the rumors of a Chicago base were floating around, plus I like the Saab.
But her constant incompetence of getting me a ticket for an interview made me think that the rest of the airline was just as messed up.
I have friends who interviewed there and said that the Colgans we're complete pricks through out the whole process. Including one Colgan starting the interview, getting bored and just walking out in the middle, leaving the applicant with the HR rep to finish off the questions. He was offered the job, but chose another airline.
If you can't see this crap during the application and interviewing procress, maybe you deserve to be abused while working for them.

I couldn't agree more!!! My experience with the Colgan's was laughable!!! Their personal hygiene is disgusting and that is putting it nice. That is what did it for me I figured if that is how they present themselves I want no part of the company:puke:

Say what you want, Colgan is not perfect, but in less than 4 years, I have two type ratings, 1200+ turbine PIC, and check airman experience. Could never have that at another regional airline. Saw a friend of mine the other day (one of my instructors, actually), who I haven't seen in several years, he has been at a 'great' regional for 4+ years. While rules, etc. are superior at his airline, he hasn't upgraded; and there's nothing wrong with that. Just saying that Colgan has had an 'upside' for some people, like myself.

And yes- I did vote for ALPA.

Say what you want, Colgan is not perfect, but in less than 4 years, I have two type ratings, 1200+ turbine PIC, and check airman experience. Could never have that at another regional airline. Saw a friend of mine the other day (one of my instructors, actually), who I haven't seen in several years, he has been at a 'great' regional for 4+ years. While rules, etc. are superior at his airline, he hasn't upgraded; and there's nothing wrong with that. Just saying that Colgan has had an 'upside' for some people, like myself.

Another reason why I wanted to go to Colgan.

Glad it worked out for you!!! My experience just didn't warrant leaving a good surveying job.

I wish you guys all the best with Alpa and getting a better QOL and work rules. God knows you guys deserve it!!!

Latest resources

Back