Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ck130

Greetings all,

I just wanted to take a second to say thank you to 3 outstanding aircrews from USair, CAL, & British Airways. Last week I experienced a pitot/static failure while out turning dinosaurs into noise. I had to climb IMC from 500ft up to FL240 with screwed up airspeed indications (80-120kts off). Wash Ctr tried to help me out but all they managed to do was vector me into that line of thunder storms that pummeled the east coast. Jax center wasn't any better. I asked if he could help me find some VMC weather but he ended up being less than helpful. The guy even told me I really should check the WX before you just go blasting off like that and suggested I return to wherever it was I came from. THANKS. About this time some USAir crew took pitty on me and switched me to another freq. Before I knew it I had them CAL, and British Airways getting enroute and terminal wx for me from BWI to Nassau. In the end MIA turned out to be the best wx (vmc anyway) and because of that the landing was uneventful. Anyone of those guys could have just said,"Gee sucks to be them", but they didn't and their efforts were much appreciated. If any of you USAir, CAL, or British Airways guys on the board want to post this on your pilot web pages, these guys might get the word. Thanks Again.

Fly Safe
ck130

ps. When you lose your airspeed count on losing 50 IQ points right along with it. In my case that left me in a Forest Gump mode for quite a while.

Latest resources

Back