Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait a second here...

Clarification requested:

If you weren't going to go to PNS, why request the jumpseat on that flight? I know of only one of our pilots who commutes from PNS, and another who has family down there (and know both). If you thought about 'letting it go' and not getting pissed about it, what are you doing here now seemingly doing neither? That is known as a say-do disconnect, pseudo-integrity...

Kelly said:
There are stupid pilots everywhere. A couple months ago, I was flying on Comair from CVG to MCO and one of their elite pilots approached me and made small talk. He found out in the conversation that I was going to the same place he was going and lectured me about j/s etiquette and that I shouldn't even bother trying to get on the flight because it was oversold. He suggested that I leave and go and find another way to get to MCO. I told him that I was going to take my chances and wait for boarding to commence. I waited till around the end of boarding before I told him that I was leaving. I think he expected me to leave the gate area because he wished me good luck in a rather snide manner. I wished him good luck in return and then took out my ticket (positive space and paid for) and got on the plane. I didn't turn around but I would have loved to see the look on his face. It made it even better when I saw that this idiot got bumped by another comair pilot for the jumpseat...one of those great moments!

Nice story! what an a-whole

I disaprove of this type of behavior. I used to get treated rather rudely by another pilot competing for the jumpseat at a previous domicile I worked in.

Write Him Up

This is why I don't commute to work.

SKYWRJGUY said:
Clarification requested:

If you weren't going to go to PNS, why request the jumpseat on that flight? .

Reread his post. He wasn't going to PNS, the SKYW guy 'assumed' he was, and jumped his arse for showing up at the gate late for the JS. Very arrogant on his part, a SKYW pilot jumping an ASA pilot for the JS. I know who would have gotten the seat if I were the captain.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

DieselDash said:
I would of bumped him just to teach him a lesson after that. Sounds like he should be jump seating on a Greyhound to PNS and working for hojets instead of Skywest. What a jerk.

I would have bumped him even if I had no intention of going anywhere in the first place.

Kelly said:
There are stupid pilots everywhere. A couple months ago, I was flying on Comair from CVG to MCO and one of their elite pilots approached me and made small talk. He found out in the conversation that I was going to the same place he was going and lectured me about j/s etiquette and that I shouldn't even bother trying to get on the flight because it was oversold. He suggested that I leave and go and find another way to get to MCO. I told him that I was going to take my chances and wait for boarding to commence. I waited till around the end of boarding before I told him that I was leaving. I think he expected me to leave the gate area because he wished me good luck in a rather snide manner. I wished him good luck in return and then took out my ticket (positive space and paid for) and got on the plane. I didn't turn around but I would have loved to see the look on his face. It made it even better when I saw that this idiot got bumped by another comair pilot for the jumpseat...one of those great moments!
HAHA CLASSIC. I LOVE IT.

I would of corrected this and I could of, but that might of incurred the wrath have the original posters.

Ha! You read my mind. I was fighting the grammar nazi demons within me. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back