• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's me again, the guy from the "At least he has a job " file. I kinda hope that wasn't meant to be sarcastic, but maybe it was. Now that we know they will get 1st year capt. pay from day one, hey i don't sound so dumb do I? Like i said before, at least they will have a job and be making money, who cares if it is less than what they could make at the "quiky-mart", at least it is flying. But oh yeah, I forget, most of you guys are in it for the money and not for the love of the game like some of us!

How many folks are furloughed from U mainline? With PSA, PDT, ALG, MIDWAY, MIDATL, and now Mesa all in the j4j....is there enough mainliners on furlough to occupy 50% of all these airplanes that have been promised?

Is j4j a good thing for these airlines?

**rattler said; "I am missing something? It sounds like the Mesa guys are getting screwed...

Isn't it funny everytime a 'feeder' airline wants a flow though to their mainline counterpart, the "major" airline pilots show little to no support, and often much resistance. I guess they never figured that these agreements also work in reverse. It's just humorous to see the tables turned.

Sounds like someones a day late and a buck short."**

Just to help you understand, Mesa is not a US Airways counterpart. They are a contract carrier. And if they agree to Jets4Jobs they will only be able to flow to first the WO then MidAtlantic then in the extreamly distant future Mainline. Now I don't have the agreement here in front of me but I seem to recall that if a contract carrier pilot was able to take advantage of the flow, he/she would not take their longevity, as far as pay and benifits, with them. Whereas WO pilots will take their longevity with them to MidAtlantic but not to Mainline. With the 3 WO'd having agreements in place US Airways will not be able to hire anyone untill all furloughed/MidAtlantic then WO'd pilots have been offered jobs. So it really does'nt make a whole lot of sense for Mesa to agree to Jets4Jobs.

If I've missed some points on the agreement, someone else please chime in.

p.s. Since they are a contract carrier they, along with TSA, CHQ, and the rest, they should'nt be here anyway.

Last edited:
"Just to help you understand, Mesa is not a US Airways counterpart. They are a contract carrier. And if they agree to Jets4Jobs they will only be able to flow to first the WO then MidAtlantic then in the extreamly distant future Mainline."

"So it really does'nt make a whole lot of sense for Mesa to agree to Jets4Jobs."

-Seriously, what makes you think that any Mesa pilots are interrested to flow to any of the WOs or MidAtlantic ?????
Nothing in the contract that stated that ALL additional RJ's must to go trough MA.
There are several lot of good reason for Mesa to accept J4J, the result if, or if not it will happend will have a lot to do with our current contract-negotiation.

----------

"Ps. Since they are a contract carrier they, along with TSA, CHQ, and the rest, they should'nt be here anyway.

- Fair enough. I can see it from your view, but that cow has been milked so much on this board that it has become sour. With all respect, why not spend the time talking with your reps about it instead.

**-Seriously, what makes you think that any Mesa pilots are interrested to flow to any of the WOs or MidAtlantic ?????
Nothing in the contract that stated that ALL additional RJ's must to go trough MA. **

Tin,

If you read who I was replying to you would see that rattler was suggesting that Mesa was getting screwed out of a flow through to U Mainline. I was simply letting him/her know that that was not the case. And as of this date all additional RJ growth will only be seen at MDA, PDT, ALG, PSA, and Midway.

**There are several lot of good reason for Mesa to accept J4J, the result if, or if not it will happend will have a lot to do with our current contract-negotiation. **

I gotta tell ya, I hope your just a bad typer like I a bad speller. Your above statement took me a minute to figure out.

Anyway, IMHO I don't think anyone that is not obligated to do so should ever have to sign Jets4Jobs as we had to. If you have good reason too like you said, I'd love to hear it. Cause the only thing it seems to have done for us so far is keep us alive, but I do have some faith left.

This announcement comes at a time when JO wants to get better bargining power over you, and so before you guys start rushing off signing J4J's keep in mind that these 20 aircraft are part of the planes that have already been grandfathered from the LOA79 to LOA81. Inotherwords, your going to get them anyway without having to sign J4Js.

**- Fair enough. I can see it from your view, but that cow has been milked so much on this board that it has become sour. With all respect, why not spend the time talking with your reps about it instead.**

As long as there are people who do not fully understand how much it hurts our company (U) to have flying being contracted out, I will have to continue to sound like a broken record.

After all, if Express flying was not being contracted out, the WOs would have never had to sign J4Js.

Take Care

NO Flowthrough for Mesa

The contract carriers have no flowthrough rights whatsoever according to attachments B and B-3 of the US Airways restructuring agreement.

Not to the wholly-owneds, not to MidAtlantic, and certainly not to US Airways.

ONLY the participating wholly owneds will be a part of the flowthrough. An integrated wholly-owned seniority list will be created and that list will be used to provide flowthrough opportunities to MidAtlantic.

Wholly-owned pilots will bring their longevity for pay/benefits to MidAtlantic.

MidAtlantic pilots may then flowthrough to US Airways in seniority order. They do not bring longevity to US Airways.

This is an precedent-setting unrestricted flowthrough -- the first of its kind in the industry. It essentially creates a single seniority list at US Airways GROUP (not Mesa) in which the most junior airplane, at the present time, is the Dornier 328.

So why would Mesa sign on to J4J? They get nothing out of it!

Answer: It is the ONLY way that they will be awarded any additional US Airways RJ growth. Not one single RJ can be added to the US Airways code without participation in J4J.

If Mesa adds 20 RJs that equals approximately 200 pilots.
100 Mesa Pilots -- 100 US Airways Furloughees
50 Mesa Captains, 50 Mesa F/Os
50 Furloughee Captains, 50 Furloughee F/Os.

They benefit only by creating 50 upgrades.

Also, as you know, once the US Airways furloughees leave the property (are recalled, go to MidAtlantic, etc.) the RJs are permitted to remain at Mesa.

If you have any further question see your LEC or MEC representative and ask to see a copy of the US Airways pilots restructuring agreement.

Where arre they getting these 20 Crj 200? Are they pulling them from AWE if so are they adding the freedoms 70 seaters to make up for th 20 there pulling?

"Where are they getting these 20 Crj 200? Are they pulling them from AWE if so are they adding the freedoms 70 seaters to make up for th 20 there pulling?"

-It is my understanding that these will be new aircraft and they are working on the financing. Keep in mind that there has not much info about the additional flying, neither from management or our union.
----------------

"This announcement comes at a time when JO wants to get better bargining power over you, and so before you guys start rushing off signing J4J's keep in mind that these 20 aircraft are part of the planes that have already been grandfathered from the LOA79 to LOA81. Inotherwords, your going to get them anyway without having to sign J4Js."

-Maybe you are right BTD, frankly it is rather confusing to keep track of all the changes, about LOA79 /LOA81 etc,etc.....
Maybe someone can give me a links to the current LOA81 ( or can I call it a proposal? I assume it has not been signed yet... ) because I do not think the 20 new RJs will be availabe to anyone not taking part of the J4J deal. Further I can recall reading ( in a earlier LOA81 proposal ) that any additional RJ's up to and including 50 seates COULD be given to ANY companies the U management find suitable. ( WO or not ) Only larger RJ's HAVE to be flown by MA pilots. Based on this I said ( or meant to say...) there is no reason for a Mesa pilot to resign Mesa to work @ a WO / MA to get a mainline job. There are many easier way to get that kind of jobs.......

LOA81 Does Not Exist!!!

Guys,

I'm getting really tired of explaining this so PLEASE call your local counsel reps and get the REAL story.

LOA81 does not exist!!! LOA81 was superceded by the US Airways pilots restructuring agreement and WAS signed by Duane Woerth. Ok?

So no more talk about LOA81 because it has nothing to do with the topic. Ok?

All 70 Jets authorised under LOA79 are currently being flown by Mesa, TSA, and Chautauqua and are grandfathered. ANY additional RJs (nomatter the size) must be flown by participating (in J4J) carriers.

Furloughed Again,

Geezz man take it easy, thank you for the info it is appreciated. I have only partial copies of this agreement so somethings are not as clear as others, and I can't read "Lawyer".

As far as talking with my reps, I'm way ahead of you. I did that the day I heard Daves announcement. And according to him, U currently only has 50 or so SJ's currently in the system and these 20 that he is referring to are meant to bring that number up to the 70 that is already allowed without J4J. They were unsure of Daves intentions in his announcing an agreement between Mesa and U when everyone knows there is no such agreement.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back