Thanks Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KingAirer said:
How many folks are furloughed from U mainline? With PSA, PDT, ALG, MIDWAY, MIDATL, and now Mesa all in the j4j....is there enough mainliners on furlough to occupy 50% of all these airplanes that have been promised?

Is j4j a good thing for these airlines?

No airplanes have been promised at all. The only thing that has been promised is pay cuts and reduction of turboprop flying in the future. For all we know they could give Mesa even more RJ permission and totally screw the wholly owneds.

1500 on furlough, I think was the last number I heard for the near future... I think that's just plenty of mainline pilots to staff 187 RJs, bringing the total combined RJ number to 375. I doubt they will actually operate that many, and I don't know how it works if mainline guys do not want to participate. I am sure not all 1500 will want to fly RJs.

As the WO's get rid of turboprops, and jets (MIGHT) come on the property, we're going to be laying off. This is not a good deal, we need two RJs for every one turboprop that gets parked just to keep the current seniority list at work.

We agreed to it because 57% of our pilot group is scared with all the propaganda and threats of liquidation that have been spread throughout. It's a mess and who knows which way it will turn out. If we had been given a minimum fleet size or schedule for RJs (two for one turboprop replacements), it would have been great. (Except for that pesky pay cut and 7 year contract with garbage wages, of course).

Yeah, ya think there will be a shooting war in IRAQ? discuss amongst yourselves...

LowlyPropCapt said:
Yeah, ya think there will be a shooting war in IRAQ? discuss amongst yourselves...
Did you mean Afghanistan? The raghead that bombed the Twin Towers was from Afghanistan, not Iraq. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back