Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks Jetblue and Spirit for raising the bar.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boomlrd, I don't fly airplanes but I do know benefits. Limiting increases in health insurance costs to 7% coupled with free dental, is unheard of in the rest of the world, including the airline industry. And the limit applies to copays and deductibles. I just got my renewal quote in at a 12% increase. I will be happy to get the insurance company down to 7%.

A medical insurance program for pilots would be an insurance companies dream. A group that is healthier than average, needs to get looked at by a physician every six months, and are fired if they show any signs of starting to get "really" sick.

In "the rest of the world" would employees be off insurance companies rolls if you got diagnosed with sleep apnea or had to take drugs for diabetes or was diagnosed with a psychiatric condition?

This is not "the rest of the world."

Oh, I guess I am ruffling the Spirit MEC ALPA feathers. I have been at other airlines, I know other CBAs, Teamsters too. Truth hurts, we went on Strike for ALPA, and Airtran, we all know it.

Roswell41, was anything I said above a lie or incorrect? Please quote any inaccuracies.

I'm just short of a year here so I am still a FNG, however I think the short comings in the contract are partly due to the industry as a whole in 2010. CALs first year pay was $29 and second year and third year pay were like 58 & 67 or something horrid like that (with no health care for 6months), United was in the ********************ter making equally less and MESA practically had a better contract then US Airways. American had 1,000+ guys on furlough.

We sure as ******************** need some pretty significant gains come 2015 considering the recent legacy contracts but like I said, at the time, I'm not so sure the contract that you struck for was as ********************ty as you make it sound........

I'm just short of a year here so I am still a FNG, however I think the short comings in the contract are partly due to the industry as a whole in 2010. CALs first year pay was $29 and second year and third year pay were like 58 & 67 or something horrid like that (with no health care for 6months), United was in the ********************ter making equally less and MESA practically had a better contract then US Airways. American had 1,000+ guys on furlough.

We sure as ******************** need some pretty significant gains come 2015 considering the recent legacy contracts but like I said, at the time, I'm not so sure the contract that you struck for was as ********************ty as you make it sound........

Don't feed the troll. He's part of a small and shrinking minority of NK pilots who bash ALPA every chance they get yet run to them when our management hoses them over.

Are we the highest paid A320 pilots in the industry? No.

Are we compensated more highly than VX, F9, B6 and G4? Yes, in most instances save for certain areas with B6.

Do we have a better scheduling section of the CBA than pretty much all legacies and LCCs in this industry? Yes

Are we likely to continue to improve our CBA to be industry leading? Most likely, unless a small and vocal minority insists on a premium pay system at the expense of all other valuable provisions of our CBA.

So go ahead, if that's concessionary than so be it.

Don't feed the troll. He's part of a small and shrinking minority of NK pilots who bash ALPA every chance they get yet run to them when our management hoses them over.

Are we the highest paid A320 pilots in the industry? No.

Are we compensated more highly than VX, F9, B6 and G4? Yes, in most instances save for certain areas with B6.

Do we have a better scheduling section of the CBA than pretty much all legacies and LCCs in this industry? Yes

Are we likely to continue to improve our CBA to be industry leading? Most likely, unless a small and vocal minority insists on a premium pay system at the expense of all other valuable provisions of our CBA.

So go ahead, if that's concessionary than so be it.

ROSWELL41, I would say we are slowly becoming a majority at Spirit. You can claim the above statements on pay despite having APC stating otherwise for all of those airlines, is APC lying about pay rates? I know many pilots at each of these airlines, W2 and days off don't lie, we get paid less and we work more. I think many of us "26%er's" are relatively professional about our views, yes there are some militants, but I believe the MEC has several of those as well, you ever heard of Doug Polletti? Have you ever been to an MEC meeting or a roadshow? If you even ask a question that is not in lockstep with our MEC ALPA staffing agenda, you get yelled at and even threatened. So tell me who is really the reasonable one? Using the term "troll" to discredit an opposing opinion does not change the fact that my previous post of the items we lost in this contract are in fact real and true, should I post both contracts for you to read? BTW, I will give you Frontier by a dollar, you got me on that one, but I never said Frontier in my above post.

Last edited:
A medical insurance program for pilots would be an insurance companies dream. A group that is healthier than average, needs to get looked at by a physician every six months, and are fired if they show any signs of starting to get "really" sick.

In "the rest of the world" would employees be off insurance companies rolls if you got diagnosed with sleep apnea or had to take drugs for diabetes or was diagnosed with a psychiatric condition?

This is not "the rest of the world."

The problem is that you don't know what you are talking about. You go fly airplanes and leave the benefits expertise to those that know. Have a good day!

Latest resources

Back