thanks for caring, Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
Where's the leadership in the armed services?? starting right at #1 there is none.

Gee, you really sound like you have a lot of practical experience in this matter. Thanks for all your wisdom. Now, on behalf of almost every military professional I've ever served with (many of whom are serving today in Iraq),....Go away.

Let the men and women who know the job do their job. They're doing it well. And they prefer to drink with people whose most obvious attribute isn't gross ignorance and a big mouth.

But if you really want to talk the talk, feel free to walk right on down to the nearest recruiting office. I'm sure you've got something worth contributing to a good cause.

Rock said:
Gee, you really sound like you have a lot of practical experience in this matter. Thanks for all your wisdom. Now, on behalf of almost every military professional I've ever served with (many of whom are serving today in Iraq),....Go away.

Let the men and women who know the job do their job. They're doing it well. And they prefer to drink with people whose most obvious attribute isn't gross ignorance and a big mouth.

But if you really want to talk the talk, feel free to walk right on down to the nearest recruiting office. I'm sure you've got something worth contributing to a good cause.

You telling me GW knows what he's doing there in Iraq?

Is it anti-patriotic to question your leadership and demand some action?

you calling Iraq a "good cause"??

Its one of the biggest abortions our country created in a LONG LONG time....and it aint the jackasses on Capitol hill feelin' the pain, its all the guys and gals being marched over to free those there Iraqies...They are the ones paying for this administrations HUGE intelligence failure....and those Iraqies..you know, they really appreciate us being there...they like western ways and democracy. Wake up you brainwashed fool.

Trust me, Im thankful for everyone who serves, including you. But when it comes down to admiting this is a real fark up and there is NO PLAN to get our boys outta there, all you guys can say is "You weren't in the service, so shut your mouth".

Its moronic.

Last edited:
Hmm. You must have missed the part in my post about big mouth and ignorance. ...(unless you're just trying to prove you are blessed with both).

Now go away little man.

Gulfstream 200 said:
You telling me GW knows what he's doing there in Iraq?

Is it anti-patriotic to question your leadership and demand some action?

you calling Iraq a "good cause"??

Its one of the biggest abortions our country created in a LONG LONG time....and it aint the jackasses on Capitol hill feelin' the pain, its all the guys and gals being marched over to free those there Iraqies...They are the ones paying for this administrations HUGE intelligence failure....and those Iraqies..you know, they really appreciate us being there...they like western ways and democracy. Wake up you brainwashed fool.

Trust me, Im thankful for everyone who serves, including you. But when it comes down to admiting this is a real fark up and there is NO PLAN to get our boys outta there, all you guys can say is "You weren't in the service, so shut your mouth".

Its moronic.

Those of us who pay attention, understand that the current President is motivated to deal with the likes of Iraq, Iran, and North Korea now so that our children and our grandchildren do not have to face these problems. It requires a much LONGER range vision than the likes of Gulfstream200 and the average American journalist can muster. As one of the volunteers who has children, I am happy to assist the President and Mr. Rumsfield as they work towards achieving this goal.

YGBSM said:
How about you get on your congressman's ass and make that happen.

Until then I bet the guys actually doing the job that your elected representatives sent them to do would appreciate a cup of coffee and a thank you.

That would be difficult since we've got yahoos like Dick Durbin representing us here in good ole Illinois. Schmuck is more worried about how the wittle psycho murderers are treated at Gitmo then our troops.

Anyways, that's great what the Delta capt. did......Awesome.

Rock said:
Hmm. You must have missed the part in my post about big mouth and ignorance. ...(unless you're just trying to prove you are blessed with both).

Now go away little man.

"go away little man" ?? thats good.

pretty much what I figured.

SkiFishFly said:
Those of us who pay attention, understand that the current President is motivated to deal with the likes of Iraq, Iran, and North Korea now so that our children and our grandchildren do not have to face these problems. It requires a much LONGER range vision than the likes of Gulfstream200 and the average American journalist can muster. As one of the volunteers who has children, I am happy to assist the President and Mr. Rumsfield as they work towards achieving this goal.

Ahhh...."long range vision"...

sounds like GW code for "I have no farkin clue"

you feed yourself and your first born to Rumsfeld good soldier. I think the guy has some explaining to do...to the commander in chief and every US soldier.

but I know, "long range vision".

Last edited:
dispatcher121 said:
The people who serve in the armed forces are strictly volunteers. They are not forced to serve. They serve because they WANT to make a contribution.

Now who is the brainwashed fool?

You CANNOT believe that line of garbage.

Are there a certain percentage of patriotic young Americans who sign up just to serve their beloved country and make a contribution? You bet....think they are the majority over there in Iraq?

try again. They are guardsmen who signed up for the college money, they are enlisted fellas who signed up to get their babies benefits etc...

but regardless, yes, they are volunteers and the idea of going to war was very real, but possibly not in their minds.

So they step up and do the job they did not expect to do. They deserve the best. The best equipment, much better pay, RESPECT. These are some of the reasons I am/vote Republican.

Now, most importantly -- they need sound leadership. A CEO / Commander with a plan on how his company is going to succeed. We dont have that right now. How long has it been since we "won" the war in Iraq? a few years? whats next? we keep "freeing Iraqies"? we force democracy on them? Americanize the mideast?

hows all that working so far fella? -- because, you know, my "long range vision" is a little fuzzy right about now.

Please, dont ever question my respect and admiration for our US soldiers..just dont be afraid to question their leadership - because there is none right now.

Blind faith in your leaders is not patriotic, its ignorant.

Last edited:
Ask

Gulfstream,
Not trying to contribute to a political diatribe, but have you ever actually talked to ANYONE that has actually been in Iraq? Most of them have quite a different perspective on what is going on there and whether or not it is worth it compared to the drivel that our beloved media portrays. I am not saying things are perfect, just that I don't think it is as grim as you might think. There are actually a lot of good things happening over there, but you will never hear about them in the media. You will have to go straight to "the horse's mouth" for that info, not the other end. Cheers...ExAF

Back to the original topic....

Gate agent informed me last year that we had an army guy going home for his two week leave of absence. He was easy to spot in uniform and all. I couldn't offer him first class just the exit row (which is the closest thing to first class on the EMB145). Once everyone was on board and seated, I did my usual cockpit spiel and welcomed this individual on board by name and explained his presence. The whole plane erupted in applause and appreciation.

So, again, you may not agree with the conflict in Iraq (I don't), but as a military brat and brother we should ALWAYS respect our troops for the sacrifices they make for this country.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back